Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens correction in Lightroom  (Read 2405 times)

keithrsmith

Lens correction in Lightroom
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:44 pm »

What are the odds on there ever being a lens correction facility in lightroom like in DXO labs product.?

keith

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:19:22 pm »

Quote from: keithrsmith
What are the odds on there ever being a lens correction facility in lightroom like in DXO labs product.?

keith

I little bird tells me very.. very good...

I have nothing official on it.. but those in the know have hinted more than once that this is coming.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

francois

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:37 am »

Mark Hamburg's post on the Adobe forum does indicate that there are several issues and decisions to be made before implementing lens corrections  

Here's the tricky part with geometric corrections. If the user can change the correction -- note that the cameras where the corrections are being applied right now always have the corrections applied -- what does that mean for the geometry of spot correction and localized corrections and how should that be shown to the user? For example, do the spots need to be presented as warped discs? Does the cursor change size as you move over the image? None of this is impossible, but the number of shoes that keep dropping on this sort of thing is a bit stunning. One of the benefits to a destructive workflow is that you don't get this sort of crosstalk between features.

Thread is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2343023#2343023
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:05:31 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up