Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CO5 new image tethered doesn't show automatically.....  (Read 5510 times)

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
CO5 new image tethered doesn't show automatically.....
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:16:47 am »

Hi, maybe someone can give me a quick answer to this:

In CO4x, when shooting tethered, each new image would replace the image being currently viewed, whether it was the previous image or any other image I happened to be previewing.

Now, in CO5 if I'm looking at an image which isn't the last image taken, then I have to click on the new thumbnail to get the preview.
I presume there has to be a command to remedy this. There has to be because it's bloody annoying.

cheers for any help.

Stefan

Otherwise, thank heavens, we're finally able to control each individual channel, not just RGB. My life just got better.

Mathew Zucker

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:38:35 pm »

On the Mac,   menu: camera, auto select new capture, immediately. Occasionally, I find this needs to be reset. Good luck ~m

Quote from: siba
Hi, maybe someone can give me a quick answer to this:

In CO4x, when shooting tethered, each new image would replace the image being currently viewed, whether it was the previous image or any other image I happened to be previewing.

Now, in CO5 if I'm looking at an image which isn't the last image taken, then I have to click on the new thumbnail to get the preview.
I presume there has to be a command to remedy this. There has to be because it's bloody annoying.

cheers for any help.

Stefan

Otherwise, thank heavens, we're finally able to control each individual channel, not just RGB. My life just got better.

siba

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:05:15 am »

Hi Mathew

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, and it seemed to work at first, but then it stopped working. I'll give it another go. Cheers,

Stefan

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 08:18:51 pm »

Quote from: siba
Hi Mathew

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, and it seemed to work at first, but then it stopped working. I'll give it another go. Cheers,

Stefan

I use the "When Ready" option in 5 and it works fine for me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:19:56 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:35:38 pm »

C1 5.0.1 changed the way "when ready" and "immediately" work. When you're set to "when ready" or "immediately images will be displayed as they are captured UNLESS you click away from the more recent image to manually view an older image. If you do this then "when ready" or "immediately" will PAUSE and you can continue to view that image without it being interrupted by newer captures.

When you're ready to have new images be displayed (displacing the one you've manually selected) then you can either manually select the most recent capture (which will unpause the "when ready" or "immediately") or select "When ready" or "immediately" from the pull down menu.

The issue is that 1) there is no visual indication that it has been paused (other than if you go to the pull down menu) and 2) there is no default keyboard shortcut for "when ready" or "immediately"  3) there is no preference for changing the way this works.

I suggest you add a keyboard shortcut of "When Ready" or "immediately" (whichever you prefer). "/" seems to make visual sense (it references a sort-of leaning forward. That way you'd be one click from starting the "when ready" or "immediately" again.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:36:10 pm by dougpetersonci »

siba

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 02:50:30 am »

Doug, perfect, at least now I know that there's nothing I can do about it. I spent ages trying to turn off this "new feature".

It would make more sense to be able to disable this though, if we wanted, and keep it the way we were used to. Invariably I look back at a photo, two or three back, and then go shoot, look back at the monitor, only to not see the new image come up. This is a pain if I'm up a ladder, and I have to tell someone to go click on the last image.

Anyway, thanks Doug for clearing up where the issue lies.

cheers

Stefan
Pages: [1]   Go Up