Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EP2 with panasonic 20mm?  (Read 3886 times)

IanP

• camairish photography
EP2 with panasonic 20mm?
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »

I'm interested in the Olypmus EP2 (for the IS & EVF) but like the sound of the faster Panasonic 20mm rather than the Oly 17mm, does anyone have experience of this combination?  I assume the panny lens will not need a convertor being a m4/3 lens itself?

Also,do the IS/AF and eVF all work with the panasonic lens attached as it would with the Olympus one?

Many thanks,  IanP.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:38:38 pm by IanP »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
EP2 with panasonic 20mm?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 03:38:35 pm »

Quote from: IanP
I'm interested in the Olypmus EP2 (for the IS & EVF)) but like the sound of the faster Panasonic 20mm rather than the Oly 17mm, does anyone have experience of this combination?  I assume the panny lens will not need a convertor being a m4/3 lens itself?

It will work fine, no converter. I think many are doing this.  Only problem will be upgrading the firmware in the 20mm lens ... I don't know if this requires being attached to a lumix camera or if this also works across brands.  being a lens, doubtful any firmware updates will be critical so may no big deal.

Robert Moore

EP2 with panasonic 20mm?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:40 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
It will work fine, no converter. I think many are doing this.  Only problem will be upgrading the firmware in the 20mm lens ... I don't know if this requires being attached to a lumix camera or if this also works across brands.  being a lens, doubtful any firmware updates will be critical so may no big deal.

Firmware upgrade works across brands...easiest cross upgrade I have ever done.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up