Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay cheap battery for Aptus... any feedback ?  (Read 1452 times)

archivue

Ebay cheap battery for Aptus... any feedback ?
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:33:28 am »

Aptus Batteries for 14 euros from Honk Kong via Ebay... they just look exactly the same as the original ones... shall i go for it ?

GREENCELLTECH any good ?

and the charger ?

Any risk ?

Thanks

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:22 am »

Quote from: archivue
Aptus Batteries for 14 euros from Honk Kong via Ebay... they just look exactly the same as the original ones... shall i go for it ?

GREENCELLTECH any good ?

and the charger ?

Any risk ?

Thanks

I'm not sure abou the ones from eBay, however, I purchased 3 SAMSUNG SBL-160 2100mAh High Capacity Batteries from shopxtreme.com for a 10 day trip in June. The 4 fully charged batteries lasted the entire 10 days without having to charge once. I think the 3 batteries cost me $65, which is not bad at all, and they are still working fine.
Hope this helps.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

mattlap2

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:21:54 am »

I know batteries are not cheap, but why risk it to save a few dollars.   You have already invested thousands of dollars in your equipment and you are willing to risk it over batteries?

It isn't far off from the good old days of working in the camera store.   When people would spend $5000 on lighting and then refuse to buy a case.   Saying they were going to put it in an old suitcase.

archivue

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:48:11 pm »

Quote from: mattlap2
I know batteries are not cheap, but why risk it to save a few dollars.   You have already invested thousands of dollars in your equipment and you are willing to risk it over batteries?

It isn't far off from the good old days of working in the camera store.   When people would spend $5000 on lighting and then refuse to buy a case.   Saying they were going to put it in an old suitcase.

My dealer sells Hahnel ones for 75 euros, and i need 3... 180 euros différence, and anyway, it's not a leaf product...
I think i will avoid the ebay ones... but i will try to buy good ones from a reputable brand... unless i found good feedback...

archivue

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »

i went with the hahnel ones but from a much cheaper source...
Pages: [1]   Go Up