Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help choosing MFDB  (Read 11975 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Help choosing MFDB
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 03:56:13 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
I think we established one minute wasn't a problem.  Is this the basic limit then?  Or are much longer exposures possible?  I would suspect that anything that can't be done in a minute is something being shot for effect, such as star trails.  So if needing more than a minute, it's not 90 seconds or such, but it's more like several minutes or an hour.  Just curious where the Hasselblad is on this.

Hi Wayne,

I was responding to an earlier post where it was claimed it wasn't possible to do a 64s exposure at anything other than base ISO.

Exactly true what you say though, I think more than 1 minute in a lot of cases is not necessary.  I was standing in near darkness by the time I had finished shooting.

As to where Hasselblad is... we are always looking to improve.

Best,

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
Help choosing MFDB
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 06:26:14 pm »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
I do not want to speak for Doug, but I am sure he meant to write 1 HOUR with this list, not 1 minute

Agree with Jack

I want to be sure no one is getting the impression that you cannot use the digital backs from Hasselblad on large-format cameras (or any other camera as long as there is an H-mount.) These configurations are available as flash-sync mode and pinhole mode (for dark studio.)

Best to be informed, right?

Power to the H3D series digital backs can be provided by either FireWire from computer or external FireWire battery devices.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Help choosing MFDB
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 11:18:32 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hi Wayne,

I was responding to an earlier post where it was claimed it wasn't possible to do a 64s exposure at anything other than base ISO.

Exactly true what you say though, I think more than 1 minute in a lot of cases is not necessary.  I was standing in near darkness by the time I had finished shooting.

As to where Hasselblad is... we are always looking to improve.

Best,

David

As I said "so that we can all be better informed (myself included)". I'm happy to be better informed on this and am glad to see Hassy providing decent quality at 1 minute at other-than-base-ISO. Thank you for the correction/elaboration David!

Frankly I should not have commented on Hassy's products in the first place as it is not my area of expertise and it's not a product the company I work for sells. It was wrong to do so and I won't in the future.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:18:59 pm by dougpetersonci »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Help choosing MFDB
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 02:39:34 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
As I said "so that we can all be better informed (myself included)". I'm happy to be better informed on this and am glad to see Hassy providing decent quality at 1 minute at other-than-base-ISO. Thank you for the correction/elaboration David!

Frankly I should not have commented on Hassy's products in the first place as it is not my area of expertise and it's not a product the company I work for sells. It was wrong to do so and I won't in the future.

No worries Doug!

Also I have used an H3D31 on a view camera before and it really wasn't so bad.  I would hesitate to recommend if you were using the very wide angle lenses, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up