Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3100 skin tones orange red yuk  (Read 1306 times)

Trustcobass

HP z3100 skin tones orange red yuk
« on: December 11, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »

I have been using the Hp z3100 for 2 years.. now it seems my skin tones are a ton more red/orange than my screen.... and my screen is calibrated.... are any of you noticing this?

Ernst Dinkla

HP z3100 skin tones orange red yuk
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:37:25 am »

Quote from: Trustcobass
I have been using the Hp z3100 for 2 years.. now it seems my skin tones are a ton more red/orange than my screen.... and my screen is calibrated.... are any of you noticing this?

Calibrate on a paper you still have an old calibration target of.  Compare the two. If there is something wrong with the cyan, red or magenta output then check how old the carts are and how often you use the printer. If not used enough, shaking up the carts and printing the lines empty may solve the issue. If the differences between the target patches are dramatic there can be a leak between two colors in a one head assembly. Other batches of paper used?

In 90% of color problems it is something with the software that changed, and CM is the first one to check. Media presets, wrong profile, other rendering.  A log like Qimage creates of every print job can help in that case. There has been a firmware/driver change on the Z3100 that improved the color. A mix up of older parts with that upgrade?

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up