Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Video for H3DII50 & H3DII50MS  (Read 5009 times)

Michael HG

Live Video for H3DII50 & H3DII50MS
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 08:23:03 am »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
and I want a remotely operable robotic powered sliding triple stitching back for my sinar so that I will be able to use the back off the H4D-60 to take some nice 150 Mpx landscapes. ...anyone been there and dun that?

I used the quadstitch of kapturegroup with the Back of the H3D-39 and a sinar p2. I sold all this stuff, because i found it inconvenient:
- in fact the overlap has to be more than 20%, otherwise programms like ptgui or cs3 have some problems to build a perfect stitch
- getting front and back of the camera absolutely parallel is very difficult for optimal sharpness over the whole picture
- color cast is annoying, too.

I switched to stitching landscape by turning my integrated system (H3DII-50) on a tripod and stitching and correction of the movements in ptgui. This works perfect for me as long as it is landscapeing, maybe it is not an option for architecture. My biggest pictures this way have up to 280mpx (for example with 300mm + 1.7x I made 15 exposures composed to a third of El Capitan wall, Yosemite, 5.0 meters by 2.8m and you can see the climbers snap-on hooks at their belts).

Michael
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up