Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Video for H3DII50 & H3DII50MS  (Read 5010 times)

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Live Video for H3DII50 & H3DII50MS
« on: December 11, 2009, 04:21:35 pm »

Firmware R344 is now available:

http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support...-downloads.aspx

This package contains firmware version R344.CIM for the H3DII-50 sensor unit and is feature and bugfix release of version R341.

Highlights Include
Support for Live Video*
Improved capture rate when shooting to CF cards , especially with fast CF-cards
Added support for new CF-card types

* Requires Phocus 2.0 Mac

This firmware update is intended for Phocus users only and can be downloaded via Phocus version 1.1 Mac, 1.0.2 Windows or later versions. For a complete list of fixes and added features, please consult the read-me file.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »

Quote from: Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

This package contains firmware version R344.CIM for the H3DII-50 sensor unit and is feature and bugfix release of version R341.

Highlights Include
Support for Live Video*

This firmware update is intended for Phocus users only and can be downloaded via Phocus version 1.1 Mac, 1.0.2 Windows or later versions. For a complete list of fixes and added features, please consult the read-me file.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Thank you Sir.

BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Michael HG

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:10:23 am »

What is the maximum speed the H3DII-50 and the H4D-60 will write if the CF card is not the limiting factor?

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 07:57:27 pm »

Quote from: Michael HG
What is the maximum speed the H3DII-50 and the H4D-60 will write if the CF card is not the limiting factor?

Great question!!
When I got the new Sandisk Extreme IV Pro (16GB), I performed a quick preliminary test. At a read/write of 90MB/second, this card is amazing.
I have been waiting for this next leap in CF card technology. I was able to shoot non-stop for 58 captures, then is slowed down for 1-2 seconds and then continued on. Capture rate was 1 every 1.1 seconds.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

Michael HG

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 06:53:55 am »

Great question!!
When I got the new Sandisk Extreme IV Pro (16GB), I performed a quick preliminary test. At a read/write of 90MB/second, this card is amazing.
I have been waiting for this next leap in CF card technology. I was able to shoot non-stop for 58 captures, then is slowed down for 1-2 seconds and then continued on. Capture rate was 1 every 1.1 seconds.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Thank you!
Sounds like 60MB/sec. The new Sandisk Extreme IV 60MB/sec is half the price of the 90MB/sec card.
Even if you know the writing speed of the H4D you won't tell  

Best
Michael

Michael HG

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 06:55:05 am »

empty
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:55:40 am by Michael HG »

RichA@FotoCare

• http://fotocare.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:52:49 am »

GREAT NEWS, THANKS PAUL!

We'll get it passed along to our customers.

Best,
Rich Andres

Highlights Include
Support for Live Video*

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:26:37 am »

Support for Live Video*

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA
Hi, Paul, thanks... it works.

The capture icon is greyed (unavailable) in live view, so I have to exit live view before taking a picture.

I there any "one click" way of taking a picture? ...

closing live view
re-setting your taking aperture
taking the picture
viewing the picture for approval

...or any other sequence of actions I might want to macro program?

I have been busy this week, and have not tried it on my view camera yet.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

BJL

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 01:37:10 pm »

Highlights Include
Support for Live Video*

Paul, can you answer a basic question that I do not se discussed on an Hasselblad web-site:

What is the refresh rate of the Live Video feed from these backs? That is, how many fps? My curiosity is of course about how good is it at keeping up with at least modest subject motion. From what I understand about the Full Frame type of CCD, I expect it to be rather low.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »

Quote from: BJL
Paul, can you answer a basic question that I do not se discussed on an Hasselblad web-site:

What is the refresh rate of the Live Video feed from these backs? That is, how many fps? My curiosity is of course about how good is it at keeping up with at least modest subject motion. From what I understand about the Full Frame type of CCD, I expect it to be rather low.
I think it is officially and actually about 1 frame per sec... but in low light (poorly lit in door) it takes several seconds to build up a visible picture.

BJL

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 03:12:19 pm »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
I think it is officially and actually about 1 frame per sec ...
So, about like taking a succession of frames in "motor drive" mode? A serious question then: how useful is it?
Without having tried it, it would seem that even manual focusing on a completely stationary subject would be frustrating with such slow feedback.

Michael HG

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 03:18:30 pm »

So, about like taking a succession of frames in "motor drive" mode? A serious question then: how useful is it?
Without having tried it, it would seem that even manual focusing on a completely stationary subject would be frustrating with such slow feedback.

I tried it and manual focussing (a must for 300mm + 1.7x) works good. I used the mircostep-buttons for focussing in the phocus software. focus quality is shown in an extra window and makes it easier, too.

Cfranson

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 03:54:08 pm »

While I haven't yet tested on a 50, you'd be surprised that it's really quite easy to use. Knowing that you're absolutely assured to get an in-focus shot this way, live video is worth the inconvenience if the subject matter allows the time it takes.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:01:37 pm »

Its about 1fps.  

Focussing is made much easier (as mentioned above) by being able to focus the camera remotely via Phocus.  

I would also not compare it to a 'Succession of frames in Motordrive mode'.

Those who use it find it incredibly useful.  Without being able to focus remotely I believe this use would be somewhat diminished.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

BJL

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 04:43:37 pm »

Thanks for the various replies: so it is for slow, steady, precise focus control: fair enough.

P. S. What I meant about "a succession of frames in motor drive mode" was only that the frame rate for Phocus Live Video is about the same as the frame rate for actually taking pictures.

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:59 pm »

Also, Live Video mode is ideal when the camera is out of reach (i.e. up high or positioned away to get the correct POV.) Major time-saver.

Since this image displayed is the actual focal plane on the sensor, focusing is much more accurate than viewing through the viewfinder (who messed with my diopter settings again? Gahhh!)

Refresh rate is fast enough to move and compose - but more like flying a helicopter than an airplane - slight delay from real-time. Once you have done it, it is routine.

No time limit either.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 02:38:15 am »

Thanks for the various replies: so it is for slow, steady, precise focus control: fair enough.

P. S. What I meant about "a succession of frames in motor drive mode" was only that the frame rate for Phocus Live Video is about the same as the frame rate for actually taking pictures.

True, you are correct in theory, but the practice feels a little different!

But yes, you would not want to try and use LV on a moving subject.  That might be a challenge.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:47 am »

Quote from: John.Williams
Also, Live Video mode is ideal when the camera is out of reach (i.e. up high or positioned away to get the correct POV.) Major time-saver.
John
Years ago I bought a Manfrotto agnoscope (a ten metre tripod) which came with a cctv system to view the screen of a v-sys Hasselblad... and now I have working live-view, I am looking forward to using it. ...ideal for houses, architecture and landscapes when the foreground gets in the way.

Live view is also use for very low camera positions (now that we have to do without a waist-level finder).

One of the next bitz o' kit on my wish list is a cherry-picker, so that I can mount the ten meter mast on the 14m cherry-picker and take pix from about 75ft... and I want a remotely operable robotic powered sliding triple stitching back for my sinar so that I will be able to use the back off the H4D-60 to take some nice 150 Mpx landscapes. ...anyone been there and dun that?

BobDavid

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:47 pm »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
Years ago I bought a Manfrotto agnoscope (a ten metre tripod) which came with a cctv system to view the screen of a v-sys Hasselblad... and now I have working live-view, I am looking forward to using it. ...ideal for houses, architecture and landscapes when the foreground gets in the way.

Live view is also use for very low camera positions (now that we have to do without a waist-level finder).

One of the next bitz o' kit on my wish list is a cherry-picker, so that I can mount the ten meter mast on the 14m cherry-picker and take pix from about 75ft... and I want a remotely operable robotic powered sliding triple stitching back for my sinar so that I will be able to use the back off the H4D-60 to take some nice 150 Mpx landscapes. ...anyone been there and dun that?

You can get a waist level finder for any of the H cameras. They aren't very expensive.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 03:30:43 pm »

Quote from: BobDavid
You can get a waist level finder for any of the H cameras. They aren't very expensive.
...well that is an advantage over the Phase, with a fixed prism.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up