Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for long adesive rolls?  (Read 1411 times)

EvanB

Recommendations for long adesive rolls?
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:13:24 pm »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and found while trying to choose between buying a few HP z3200's and a few Canon iPF8100's.

My question is, we print on adhesive rolls, but I'm coming from the world of solvent ink printing, where companies like 3M make IJ180-CV3 that is plentiful and everywhere. But in the aqueous world, I can't seem to find a ton of stuff.

I need rolls that are long (100' or longer), glossy, adhesive backed, and NOT paper... but more like polypropylene or vinyl. We need the long rolls as we generally run through about 150' feet of media per day and night per printer, and the shorter rolls can't be printed overnight as well.

Anyone know a source that sells a lot of stuff like that?

Thanks very much

Evan

a.lorge

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:52:05 pm »

Drytac carries that sort of thing:

link

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 01:32:57 pm »

I would give a call to Fellers
800-654-8405
www.fellers.com

Large catalog for solvent printer media, but also a good section for waterbased pigment printer signage type media

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »

I thought aqueous printers require a treated matte surface for decent adhesion.  Have any of you actually tried printing on gloss vinyl with a pigmented aqueous ink?  I know that the solvent and eco-solvent inksets etch into the raw vinyl and have very good adhesion without any coating.  I would bet that a very tiny percentage of Fellers customers have aqueous printers, as they cater to the wrap and sign industry.  I know that they certainly carry some products that they say are compatible, but I'd rather hear from end users than trust Fellers on this particular subject.  When I've spoken to them, the reps sound like they no no more than the copy in the catalog about aqueous media that they are reading on the other end of the phone line.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:18:44 pm by Colorwave »
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up