Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP factory profile or standard profiling (460 patches)?  (Read 1738 times)

peter.s.

HP factory profile or standard profiling (460 patches)?
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:53 am »

Hi,

I have a regular z3100 (no APS) and as I'm using HP paper I was wondering which alternative would be best.

1) Use HP's factory profiles and just run the calibration procedure on the z3100.

2) Calibrate and profile with the embedded 460 patch profiler.

I assume the profiles supplied by HP are of higher quality than what I can make on the printer but on the other hand they were not made on my printer and the exact same batch of paper I have.

The papers I use are HP Premium Instant Dry Satin, HP Professional Matte Canvas & HP Aquarella Art Paper.
Currently I'm doing alternative 2.

Thanks,
Peter
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:19:23 am by peter.s. »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:22 am »

No actually the HP profiles are made with the same application as the HP Color Centre Profiler. HP made a lot of averaged prints to make the profiles but you are actually ahead by calibrating and profiling with the built in system than using the canned profiles.

On matte paper the HP profiler works exceptionally well. On photo surfaces APS is better in some regions.

peter.s.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:09:43 am »

Thanks Neil for your reply. Good to know I was already doing the right thing :-)

Quote from: neil snape
On matte paper the HP profiler works exceptionally well. On photo surfaces APS is better in some regions.

I don't use glossy but I use satin. In what aspect might APS give a better profile on satin?

Pages: [1]   Go Up