Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 starwheel assembly replacement  (Read 1430 times)

dajaka

Z3100 starwheel assembly replacement
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:34:19 am »

My Z3100 will be out of warranty soon and I'm interested in obtaining the replacement starwheel assembly.

I'd like some advise on the best way to approach HP. I've seen conflicting information in the messages about how HP has addressed this matter. Do I need to show some examples of scratched prints? I have had problems with the metal starwheels coming off the springs before. Does the new assembly fix this issue as well?

Thanks for your help.

Ernst Dinkla

Z3100 starwheel assembly replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:09 am »

Quote from: dajaka
My Z3100 will be out of warranty soon and I'm interested in obtaining the replacement starwheel assembly.

I'd like some advise on the best way to approach HP. I've seen conflicting information in the messages about how HP has addressed this matter. Do I need to show some examples of scratched prints? I have had problems with the metal starwheels coming off the springs before. Does the new assembly fix this issue as well?

Thanks for your help.

I had that once on a Z3100, the starwheels coming off the springs. I also know that I feeded a sheet of material that shouldn't go through the Z3100. I have taken off the bar and redistributed the star wheels on the bar if still usable. It can do without some :-) Later on I got the new adjustable bar + the tanned rollers. I don't think the new star wheel bar will withstand the same bad treatment I gave the old one.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up