Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 24-85mm AF for Canon EOS  (Read 3501 times)

em_dee_aitch

Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 24-85mm AF for Canon EOS
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:42:40 am »

I have a formerly Contax mount Carl Zeiss lens, 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5, in full auto focus conversion to Canon EOS mount. The conversion is done by a guy in Canada (conurus.com). The is the only way I know of that you can get Zeiss auto focus glass on Canon at present time. Its overall strengths put it in league with the 24-70/2.8L, with exception that this one is more compact and better for travel and obviously not as fast. It's sort of an ultimate "walkaround" lens for a 5D or 1ds series body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190356922588

Thanks for looking.

- David Hill

Krug

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:03 am »

I really do think that anyone interested in this lens might know of the excellent work done by Conurus for some years now without the need for the slightly patronising "some guy in Canada" bit !

However best of luck in finding a new owner for this lens.
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

em_dee_aitch

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:29:48 pm »

Quote from: Krug
I really do think that anyone interested in this lens might know of the excellent work done by Conurus for some years now without the need for the slightly patronising "some guy in Canada" bit !

However best of luck in finding a new owner for this lens.

I didn't say "some guy," you did! LoL

In American English, the phrase "a guy" does not have the same negative connotation as "some guy." I apologize that this did not translate to you!

Thanks!

- David
Pages: [1]   Go Up