Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default printer issue  (Read 2574 times)

Mark F

Default printer issue
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »

My new Epson 4880 keeps making itself the default printer no matter how many times I reset my office printer as the default. Apple tech tells me that they have seen this problem before, but only with Epson printers. The way to solve it is to set up a new user account, migrate all files over to the new user account and delete the old user account.

Has anyone else had this problem, have you solved it in a simpler way and if so, how?

Thanks.
Mark

francois

Default printer issue
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 03:14:50 am »

Quote from: Mark F
My new Epson 4880 keeps making itself the default printer no matter how many times I reset my office printer as the default. Apple tech tells me that they have seen this problem before, but only with Epson printers. The way to solve it is to set up a new user account, migrate all files over to the new user account and delete the old user account.

Has anyone else had this problem, have you solved it in a simpler way and if so, how?

Thanks.
Have you tried to reset printing system and then re-add your printers?
Francois

Mark F

Default printer issue
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 07:17:33 pm »

Yes, several times. No help.

Quote from: francois
Have you tried to reset printing system and then re-add your printers?
Mark

francois

Default printer issue
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:19:23 am »

Quote from: Mark F
Yes, several times. No help.
Mark,
I'm a bit busy this morning but try to read this: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2238243

Let me know if it fixes your issue.
Francois

Mark F

Default printer issue
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:39:09 pm »

Francois,

No luck.  I read the thread, deleted every preference I could find that had anything to do with printers. Even had to reinstall the software for both printers from the cd's.  As soon as I installed the Epson 4880, the same problem. It insists on being the default printer.  But I thank you for taking the time to help.

Quote from: francois
Mark,
I'm a bit busy this morning but try to read this: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2238243

Let me know if it fixes your issue.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up