Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: softproofing  (Read 1238 times)

shaun

softproofing
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:18 am »

Hi

I am using a hp Z3100 24. Wondering if there are any websites with some presets for softproofing, ( curve, Hue adjustments etc) I'm finding it difficult to get a match when following the LL Camera to print method of duplicating the file and making adjustments.

Shaun

Geoff Wittig

softproofing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:17:36 pm »

Quote from: shaun
Hi

I am using a hp Z3100 24. Wondering if there are any websites with some presets for softproofing, ( curve, Hue adjustments etc) I'm finding it difficult to get a match when following the LL Camera to print method of duplicating the file and making adjustments.

Shaun

Not sure quite what you mean.
I use the same printer, and when I'm ready to print a file I just go to the view menu and softproof using the profile for the relevant paper. This tends to be eerily accurate regarding what the print will look like. The resulting adjustments necessary to make the print look good very much depend on the particular image as well as the paper type, so I don't think anyone else's generic curve adjustment is going to work for your images. For instance, I find that the success of a curves adjustment is very dependent upon how much shadow detail the photo has to preserve.

shaun

softproofing
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:42:36 pm »

Hi Geoff

Thanks for that. I assumed that when I did a correction for a particular paper that it would be generic for all images on that particular paper. Normally I shoot color portraits but today it was a toned landscape with plenty of shadow detail. I assumed I could just load up the presets that I had created and all would be perfect.

Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up