Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colorthink 2.2 has stopped working  (Read 3053 times)

bjanes

Colorthink 2.2 has stopped working
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:45:46 pm »

I contacted support and they are apparently aware of the problem but have no fix as yet. Has anyone else had this problem and found a work around? Chromix has not updated the program for years and it is still listed as Windows 2000/XP compatible. That is 2 -3 generations ago, ancient by computer standards and I hope the program has not been orphaned. It is one of the few programs that I have found not to work with Win 7 64 bit Home Premium. I don' have XP emulation with my version of the operating system.

Thanks,

Bill

Pat Herold

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:53:36 pm »

Hi Bill,

ColorThink 2 has not been orphaned.  We put out an updated (Mac) version for CT2 only a month ago.  I'm sure the Windows version will be next.  One of the big roadblocks here is that the software we use to compile a new version has not been updated for Windows 7 yet.  So you're waiting for us, and we're waiting for them.  It's always a good idea to wait a bit (if you can) before jumping onto a new operating system or update, if you really need the use of the programs.   It always takes a while for the industry to get up to speed.  Some companies, especially small ones like ours, will take longer than others.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

Ethan_Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:12 pm »

If you decide to upgrade to the Pro version of ColorThink, the beta version works on Win 7 x64. I am using 3.0.1 beta 22 and it works well. There has been the occasional crash, but fewer than with V2.x on Win XP.

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:47:53 pm »

Quote from: pherold
Hi Bill,

ColorThink 2 has not been orphaned.  We put out an updated (Mac) version for CT2 only a month ago.  I'm sure the Windows version will be next.  One of the big roadblocks here is that the software we use to compile a new version has not been updated for Windows 7 yet.  So you're waiting for us, and we're waiting for them.  It's always a good idea to wait a bit (if you can) before jumping onto a new operating system or update, if you really need the use of the programs.   It always takes a while for the industry to get up to speed.  Some companies, especially small ones like ours, will take longer than others.
That's a cop-out, this software didn't work under Vista x64 either, at least not for me. I meant to ask for a refund but never got around to it.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

bjanes

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 07:05:27 am »

Quote from: Ethan_Hansen
If you decide to upgrade to the Pro version of ColorThink, the beta version works on Win 7 x64. I am using 3.0.1 beta 22 and it works well. There has been the occasional crash, but fewer than with V2.x on Win XP.
I don't need the extra functionality of the Pro version. The upgrade would be US$250, which is twice what I paid for my version 2.2, and the price is excessive for what I need. Gamutvision works fine with Win 7 x 64 as do most all my other Windows XP 32 programs. I suspect that Colorthink 2.2 uses non-standard programming practices or a non-standard compiler and this causes the problems. It is interesting that Colorthink 2.2 also does not work with Vista x64--and how long has that operating system been available? I suspect that we might have a long wait.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up