Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ-19  (Read 25771 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-19
« on: December 08, 2009, 01:00:13 pm »

I have just placed Luminous Landscape Video Journal 19[/i] in the Store

The HD version (720P) is here
The smaller SD version is here

There is one video in LLVJ-19 that has yet to complete its upload but it will be available within 48 hours.

Enjoy!

francois

LLVJ-19
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:23:52 pm »

Quote from: ChrisSand

The HD version (720P) is here
The smaller SD version is here

There is one video in LLVJ-19 that has yet to complete its upload but it will be available within 48 hours.

Enjoy!
Just in time for Christmas. Thank you!
Francois

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
LLVJ-19
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 03:04:41 pm »

Quote from: francois

Yes - thank you.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
LLVJ-19
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 03:48:03 pm »

Great!

Really looking forward to the Norman Koren interview but also the rest!

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: francois
Erik Kaffehr

Marlyn

LLVJ-19
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:55:22 pm »

WuWu !

Now, where did I hide those redemption codes.  /ponder.  Likley in the 'safe place' you can never find !

Look forward t another installment.

Regards

Mark

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
LLVJ-19
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:04:13 am »

Good stuff indeed!
Eventhough I am a Canon user, I loved the Canon rant! Seems Michael was close to throwing the lens hood away :-)

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 10:14:26 am »

I know the Chris don't know the I have video # 19 but I just wash Andrew Collett, and I love it.

So marry Xmas to me.

Thank You
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 11:41:16 am »

Quote from: ErikKaffehr
Really looking forward to the Norman Koren interview but also the rest!

The HD version of the Norman Koren interview is now in place. The SD version should follow in about 12 hours or less.

Chris

wtlloyd

LLVJ-19
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

Chris - just wanted to tell you that it did not go unnoticed when your productions started using a shorter opening logo clip a while back....trivial perhaps, but when sitting down and watching several segments at once it really helps those of us gifted w/ less than normal patience!

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 02:24:33 pm »

Quote from: wtlloyd
Chris - just wanted to tell you that it did not go unnoticed when your productions started using a shorter opening logo clip a while back....trivial perhaps, but when sitting down and watching several segments at once it really helps those of us gifted w/ less than normal patience!
Thanks for noticing and saying so!

BTW the SD version of the Koren interview is now also up - so the beast is complete!

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-19
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 12:20:25 am »

Quite enjoying this one.

Finally answered the question I've had about Andy Biggs' Skeleton Coast photo.  That IS a seal colony down there.  (Hard to make out on my print.  Really wish I'd bought a bigger one.)

Kjethoe

LLVJ-19
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 01:06:04 pm »

Quote from: ChrisSand

Thanks! Here, have some money for your hard work

I've bought a 720p projector since last VJ was posted, and the HD version is really beautiful (I say from having watched only the intro). Now if time would only speed up a bit while I wait for the next file!

Kjetil

paulbk

LLVJ-19
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 05:52:30 pm »

Michael, Chris, and Company,
Video Journal 19, one of the best. Interesting and relevant topics, knowledgeable engaging guests, and a host that gently guides the conversation through terrain I want to explore. And more, it's beautifully shot in a clean, no tricks style that keeps the conversation in focus. Well done all!

Fear not folks. This one is worth twice the price.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

DarkPenguin

LLVJ-19
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 06:49:22 pm »

Quote from: paulbk
Michael, Chris, and Company,
Video Journal 19, one of the best. Interesting and relevant topics, knowledgeable engaging guests, and a host that gently guides the conversation through terrain I want to explore. And more, it's beautifully shot in a clean, no tricks style that keeps the conversation in focus. Well done all!

Fear not folks. This one is worth twice the price.

I like all the Namibia shots I had never seen before.  What a lovely landscape.

Need to watch the canvas guy (was he wearing a Canadian tuxedo?) interview.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 07:09:35 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Need to watch the canvas guy (was he wearing a Canadian tuxedo?) interview.
Yes, in all its Red & White & Black plaid glory!

Tom Montgomery

LLVJ-19
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 08:50:39 pm »

The videography in the Namibia segments is excellent!  The awesome beauty of the stunning African landscape that Michael and the others are working to capture is very apparent in the HD video. I have never considered going on a photo safari there before, but now...

And, as is always the case in both the tutorials and the VJs, Michael's easy style makes us feel as though we are welcome guests.

The quality of the HD VJs makes it worthwhile getting up at 2 in the morning to download 'em on my satellite connection!  Well done, Michael and Chris!

T.

david75

• http://ennegativo.blogspot.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 11:47:45 am »

One of the best video journals  

Thank you

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
LLVJ-19
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 09:04:29 pm »

Quote from: ThomasM
The videography in the Namibia segments is excellent!

Agreed. Made me feel quote homesick, hailing as I do from the country to the southeast of Namibia. Excellent work, and yes, Andy Biggs does pronounce the place names very well!

Mike

djoy

LLVJ-19
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 07:19:16 am »

Thank you Chris and Michael and Kudos to all involved, another cracking issue of the LLVJ, production quality was superb.

I really enjoyed the Namibia section, and particularly enjoyed the Andrew Collett interview and seeing his workflow. I have all the LLVJ issues and I find that the sections I've watched the most, repeatedly over and over again are the "practical interviews" related to the business side of photography, and I don't mean the financial part, but the "practice" of it. These are fascinating, and usually expensive as they result in me buying some wonderfully clever tool I didn't know about before watching it!

In particular I recall Bill Atkinson's interview and his explanation of how he prepares prints ( that one was costly, I ended up shipping a Speedmat halfway across the world ) and also Bill's Colour Management section ( lucky I already had much of that! ), Michael's interview regarding his gallery in Toronto and the devices and setup of it ( result : new print viewing lighting ), and now the Andrew Collett interview, which has made me start looking for suppliers of canvas and such. The Ctein  and the Clyde Butcher interviews also spring to mind, excellent stuff, more like this please!

Right, I'm ready for the next one now, cmon, chop chop!

Well alright, you can have Christmas off...

jackmacd

LLVJ-19
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 10:51:14 am »

Chris,
Thanks for the good work. This is the first HD Video Journal I have bought, and I see I have been missing great work. I subscribed to the first VJ's back 100 years ago, but got tired of waiting for the CD to come, and the visual quality was merely good. In HD the visuals are now incredible. The downloads better than mail. I bought vj19 as a reward to Micheal, as I have utilized his site for a few years without rewarding him with any revenue. Hey I even bought the color x rite from another site than his after he explained it on the web. So I figured at least he would get some revenue as I learned how to use the checker on his video. And explain he did, very well. Loved the VJ on canvas printing. That's why I bought the VJ this time. But Namibia in HD was quite the bonus. Good music too. By the way, I liked learning more about my definition of stock photographer. He who shoots for himself not art directors. I guess that's a lot of us.
I fear I am now hooked on your HD format. When is the next one?
Best,
Jack
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up