Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print One vs Print...  (Read 2887 times)

Tom Montgomery

Print One vs Print...
« on: December 07, 2009, 11:14:14 am »

I'm printing to an HP B9180 from Lightroom 2.5, 10.6.2, using user templates. Everything is working very well - colour, positioning, sharpening - as long as I use the 'Print…' button to send the job to the printer.

For months, I've only ever used the 'Print…' button, which brings up the dialog box. Then, without making any changes in the dialog box, I click the 'Print' button there, and printing starts. But this morning, being in a wild and crazy mood, I clicked the 'Print One' button instead. And… nothing.

Lightroom's status bar shows "Preparing print job…", then "Done", but nothing is added to the queue; nothing comes out of the printer.  If I then go back through "Print…" and click 'Print' in the dialog, it works fine.

There must be something obvious I've missed, but I can't find it!  I'm hoping someone can help me out, here.

T.

Doyle Yoder

Print One vs Print...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »

Quote from: ThomasM
I'm printing to an HP B9180 from Lightroom 2.5, 10.6.2, using user templates. Everything is working very well - colour, positioning, sharpening - as long as I use the 'Print…' button to send the job to the printer.

For months, I've only ever used the 'Print…' button, which brings up the dialog box. Then, without making any changes in the dialog box, I click the 'Print' button there, and printing starts. But this morning, being in a wild and crazy mood, I clicked the 'Print One' button instead. And… nothing.

Lightroom's status bar shows "Preparing print job…", then "Done", but nothing is added to the queue; nothing comes out of the printer.  If I then go back through "Print…" and click 'Print' in the dialog, it works fine.

There must be something obvious I've missed, but I can't find it!  I'm hoping someone can help me out, here.

T.

Print One is dependent on what your Print Settings (left side) are set for. Might be a place to start looking.

Doyle

Tom Montgomery

Print One vs Print...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »

Hrm. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

I _think_ that once I've used 'Print...' on an image, then 'Print One' sends nothing to the printer for that image. But if I use 'Print One' right away on a newly selected image, then it works.  But I'm not sure.  Hard to test these things when I have to get prints out the door.

In any case, I make no changes in any dialog box between 'working' and 'not working'.  And "Print..." always works.  *shrugs*

T.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Print One vs Print...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 03:54:51 am »

Quote from: ThomasM
Hrm. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

I _think_ that once I've used 'Print...' on an image, then 'Print One' sends nothing to the printer for that image. But if I use 'Print One' right away on a newly selected image, then it works.  But I'm not sure.  Hard to test these things when I have to get prints out the door.

In any case, I make no changes in any dialog box between 'working' and 'not working'.  And "Print..." always works.  *shrugs*

T.
I think that print one is looking for both the last spolled file where the print job was sent or delivered, and it is in association with the system preferences default printer too.

So if you haven't printed an image it has no historic on which or where the job was sent. I haven't tried to see the association of system prefs vs Print One in a long time.

Yet I do remember it being flakey>
Pages: [1]   Go Up