Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading Programs  (Read 1389 times)

photomike

Uploading Programs
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:34:54 pm »

This may be a little off topic for this forum, but I could not find a better match.  I am looking for a program to install on my web site that would allow clients to upload their images to my web site.  I currently use one called Fileman but I need to set-up a site for each client.  I would like a program that would allow people to upload images to one folder and I could download the images for printing from there, could be Java or other.

Anyone using one?  I have done a search on the web and found a number made by companies I never heard of, I hate to spend money on it then find out they are not around or do not support the program.  The other idea is to have someone design one for me but I am sure that someone must have something like this available already.

Thanks,

Edhopkins

Uploading Programs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »

Quote from: photomike
I would like a program that would allow people to upload images to one folder and I could download the images for printing from there, could be Java or other.

I am on a mac and I use Iphoto and Mobileme for this kind of thing. You can use iphoto to publish a web site with a sample image which has privileges to let someone (anyone?) upload photos to it--which you could subsequently down load.  My friends and I exchange trip photos this way.  It works fine.

ed
baltimore

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Uploading Programs
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:31:14 am »

I host a website using squarespace.com and they have an option for a small monthly additional fee to get an easy-to-use web-based file uploaded added to the package.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

photomike

Uploading Programs
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:45:51 pm »

Thanks, I am on PC and already have a web host.  I have found a couple programs but nothing about the company that is making the programs and I am not sure I want to go about loading on a program to my server that is from an unknown company.

Will keep looking and see what I can come up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up