Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same day, same spot ...  (Read 1769 times)

Jeremy Payne

Same day, same spot ...
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:59:57 pm »

Well ... the snow fell yesterday ... and today was beautiful ... so nice, I went out shooting twice ...

The first is a single exposure, handheld with the 17-35mm at 19mm on a D700 shot early in the afternoon.

The second is a stitched shot, on a tripod with the 70-200VR at about 78mm on a D700 with a polarizing filter shot in the late afternoon.

Enjoy!

[attachment=18425:Hidden_Pond.jpg]

[attachment=18426:Bald_Mou...nd_Redux.jpg]

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Same day, same spot ...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:41:44 am »

I like both of them, very nice colors there.

Did you shot them from the exact same location? Have you thought about photo-montaging them together? Could be interesting.

Jeremy Payne

Same day, same spot ...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 03:32:25 pm »

Quote from: EduPerez

Did you shot them from the exact same location? Have you thought about photo-montaging them together? Could be interesting.
Thanks!

It was not quite the same spot, but I may be able to make it work anyway ... interesting idea ...

button

• http://
Same day, same spot ...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:42:29 pm »

Quote from: EduPerez

I think it would work, as those colors look really good next to one another.  Well done.

John

Jeremy Payne

Same day, same spot ...
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 03:31:09 pm »

Quote from: button
I think it would work, as those colors look really good next to one another.  Well done.

John
Thanks, John!  I printed them both at 10" x 15" on 11x17 paper and they look really nice.  I'm gonna ultimately hang them together ... and will probably reprint them at 12 x 18.  I was testing out a new paper and used these two images to tune the settings for the new paper.

The web/sRGB does a decent job of relaying the red, late-afternoon image ... but the blue one is best viewed on a wide gamut monitor in a wide space and the print is just BLUE in a manner that doesn't exist in the world of sRGB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up