Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 2.5 lost my catalogs  (Read 2740 times)

shybuck

Lightroom 2.5 lost my catalogs
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:22:01 am »

I am new to Lightroom, and yesterday as I was about to import a rather large pano, LR displayed 2 windows right after one another. The best I can remember what they said was "Lightroom is now closing ...catalog". It happened so fast and then just began it's exercise. I looked at the Library and all my catalogs were gone!

The best I can remember is that this occured while importing the pano because when I looked at the library there was only one photo in Lightroom the pano.

I looked in LR's folder and there is LR 2 catalog Ircat. and the preview Irdata.

Since first installing LR I have backed-up once.....(not installed very long) Is there a way to see what's in these files or get LR to look at them?
Really don't know what to do with this....and I don't know what I did wrong?
Would anyone have an idea of what happened? I sure dont' and don't want to repeat this....

I'm working on a Mac Pro with 6 gb of ram. Nothing else opened at the time.

thanks

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Lightroom 2.5 lost my catalogs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 01:03:39 pm »

Quote from: shybuck
I am new to Lightroom, and yesterday as I was about to import a rather large pano, LR displayed 2 windows right after one another. The best I can remember what they said was "Lightroom is now closing ...catalog". It happened so fast and then just began it's exercise. I looked at the Library and all my catalogs were gone!

The best I can remember is that this occured while importing the pano because when I looked at the library there was only one photo in Lightroom the pano.

I looked in LR's folder and there is LR 2 catalog Ircat. and the preview Irdata.

Since first installing LR I have backed-up once.....(not installed very long) Is there a way to see what's in these files or get LR to look at them?
Really don't know what to do with this....and I don't know what I did wrong?
Would anyone have an idea of what happened? I sure dont' and don't want to repeat this....

I'm working on a Mac Pro with 6 gb of ram. Nothing else opened at the time.

thanks

File, Open Catalog then navigate to the .lrcat file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up