Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo monitor in grey or black?  (Read 2118 times)

Swede

Eizo monitor in grey or black?
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:18:26 am »

Dear friends,

I'm about to buy a new Eizo monitor (FlexScan S2233W) but I'm a bit indecisive whether I should go with a monitor in grey or black. The frame isn't very thick so it shouldn't have too much impact but in theory it should be better to have a medium gray frame instead of a black one for best environment to adjust pictures. A boarder in black or white may trick you to adjust the settings of the pictures differently, even worse would be to have a different color since that may fool you to add a certain tint while setting your picture.
When it comes to monitor hoods Eizo only have them in black.

When viewing the pictures or a slide show on the monitor I tend to like a black frame more. But leaning towards grey for best setup for picture adjustments.

Some people go to extremes and paint the entire room in medium grey to have a neutral surrounding.

Any experiences or advice?

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
Eizo monitor in grey or black?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »

Quote from: Swede
Dear friends,

I'm about to buy a new Eizo monitor (FlexScan S2233W) but I'm a bit indecisive whether I should go with a monitor in grey or black. The frame isn't very thick so it shouldn't have too much impact but in theory it should be better to have a medium gray frame instead of a black one for best environment to adjust pictures. A boarder in black or white may trick you to adjust the settings of the pictures differently, even worse would be to have a different color since that may fool you to add a certain tint while setting your picture.
When it comes to monitor hoods Eizo only have them in black.

When viewing the pictures or a slide show on the monitor I tend to like a black frame more. But leaning towards grey for best setup for picture adjustments.

Some people go to extremes and paint the entire room in medium grey to have a neutral surrounding.

Any experiences or advice?

As the fashioniesta would say, black goes with everything.

I bought my Eizo ColorEdge CE240W 3 years ago. It is still completely awesome! Colors are spot on and it holds it calibration.

Whichever color you get, I'm sure you will love it. Good luck!

Bud
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up