Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 dents /scoring marks R2400  (Read 2122 times)

DougStocks

• DouglasStocks.com
2 dents /scoring marks R2400
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:27:57 pm »

My Epson R2400 started leaving 2 vertical 1/2 in. parallel dents / scores on the leading edge of harman gloss fb al. They occur 7 in. from the right edge and 2 -3/4 in. from leading. The left side dent pushes up from the face of paper, the other from the back. The paper ejects. It happens to every third print or so. I am feeding it from the top, single sheets. Any one else seen this?
Thanks, Doug Stocks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:39:58 pm by DougStocks »

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:41:32 pm »

I have not seen this behavior with my Epson 2400 and this paper.

What size paper are you printing?

Are you storing the paper in the box upright or flat?  If upright it might have developed a slight bow or curl.

Also, are you using the regular top feeder or the one for single sheets of thicker paper (I use the latter)?

Paul

DougStocks

• DouglasStocks.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:04:28 am »

Yes, I have been storing the paper ( 13x19in. super B ) upright and there was slight bowing. I noticed this when inserting the paper and would curl it back slightly to straighten. This seemed to straighten it out. I have done this for years. Now I should stop storing the paper upright. I've learned my lesson. Hopefully the paper will "relax" again to flatten out as there is half a box left. Any thoughts on helping the paper flatten again?

Thanks,

Doug Stocks

(edited to remove emoticon @ super  super B )
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:08:31 am by DougStocks »

DougStocks

• DouglasStocks.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:49:02 am »

Quote from: PaulS
I have not seen this behavior with my Epson 2400 and this paper.

What size paper are you printing?

Are you storing the paper in the box upright or flat?  If upright it might have developed a slight bow or curl.

Also, are you using the regular top feeder or the one for single sheets of thicker paper (I use the latter)?

Paul

Just a final reply, Thanks Paul for the single sheet feeder tip for thicker papers that did the trick. It usually takes several attempts at feeding the paper in, but it works

Cheers, Doug

Paul Sumi

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05:34 pm »

Quote from: DougStocks
Just a final reply, Thanks Paul for the single sheet feeder tip for thicker papers that did the trick. It usually takes several attempts at feeding the paper in, but it works

Cheers, Doug

Glad that worked out for you!

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up