Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Touch Screen DSLRs  (Read 2422 times)

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
Canon Touch Screen DSLRs
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:04:13 pm »

Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

MarkL

Canon Touch Screen DSLRs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:43:43 am »

The only advantage to this is see is that we could have (slightly) bigger lcd screens. Just because an iphone has one doesn't mean it would be good to have on a camera. Haven't phase1 digital backs had these for some time?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:44:22 am by MarkL »

ceyman

Canon Touch Screen DSLRs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:11:43 pm »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
Very interesting!!

To heck with the touchscreen, what's REALLY interesting is button #72 in the patent application.  I'll bet it's a mirror lockup button!

Paul Sumi

Canon Touch Screen DSLRs
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 04:59:28 pm »

Quote from: ceyman
To heck with the touchscreen, what's REALLY interesting is button #72 in the patent application.  I'll bet it's a mirror lockup button!

Unfortunately, that looks like the power switch to me  

pschefz

Canon Touch Screen DSLRs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:46 pm »

Quote from: MarkL
The only advantage to this is see is that we could have (slightly) bigger lcd screens. Just because an iphone has one doesn't mean it would be good to have on a camera. Haven't phase1 digital backs had these for some time?

leaf has had them for a while....and tons of cam corders have them...

not really sure i see the point....i only use the screen to view images, which i do all the time but don't need touch for that..... or to change settings...which i very rarely do....but if it makes the screen bigger and gets rid of some buttons and makes the whole camera more weather resistant...i guess i am all for that....but either way, please make it a flip out screen....even if it adds a little weight and size to the body....

so,actually...i just imagined the entire back (or most of it) of the 5DIII being just one big flip out touch screen......not bad at all!
schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up