Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 64 bit upgrade  (Read 2270 times)

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
64 bit upgrade
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:43:08 am »

Just found out that the technician that installed Windows7 installed the 32 bit version instead of 64 bit.  Lightroom and the Photoshop Suite are now running on 32 bit since they were installed on a 32 bit system.  Is there an easy way to change them to 64 bit or do I have to do a reinstall?  By the way, it is a 64 bit capable computer...I ran everything 64 bit under Vista.  The reason for the reinstall was due to a hard drive problem (4 lost drives in a year and a half using RAID 1) we had to wipe the drives to get rid of RAID so it was a good time to upgrade to Windows7.  I probably wouldn't have messed with the upgrade otherwise.

James DeMoss

• http://jbdemossphotography.com/aboutus.aspx
64 bit upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:19:53 pm »

Unfortunately a clean install of 64 bit will be required. See here for details

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...asked-questions

Quote from: soberle
Just found out that the technician that installed Windows7 installed the 32 bit version instead of 64 bit. Lightroom and the Photoshop Suite are now running on 32 bit since they were installed on a 32 bit system. Is there an easy way to change them to 64 bit or do I have to do a reinstall? By the way, it is a 64 bit capable computer...I ran everything 64 bit under Vista. The reason for the reinstall was due to a hard drive problem (4 lost drives in a year and a half using RAID 1) we had to wipe the drives to get rid of RAID so it was a good time to upgrade to Windows7. I probably wouldn't have messed with the upgrade otherwise.

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
64 bit upgrade
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 12:49:48 pm »

Thanks James.  Unfortunately, you are absolutely correct.  For the 2nd time in the past week, my hard drives will be wiped, then Vista installed, followed by Windows7 update, 64 bit this time.  I'll try to forget all of the work the past week reloading programs and files and getting everything to work properly again.  But I am getting good at it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up