Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: carry on iceland air  (Read 5588 times)

carry on iceland air
« on: April 14, 2004, 08:38:02 pm »

I've flown Icelandair several time to Rekjavick. As long as the bag isn't oversize I've never been hassled over weight.

Michael

pete

carry on iceland air
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 09:46:53 am »

thanks for the replies. i will be taking a lot of gear, but it will fit into 2 legal carry on sizes, just weigh more. any photo locations you would like to pass along would be appreciated. i suscribe to the video journal, and it was seeing the iceland section that inspired us to go.

thanks again

pete

pete

carry on iceland air
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 07:36:03 pm »

i will be flying to iceland in june. icelandair has some very low weight limits for carry on baggage. does anyone have any experience with how closely they are enforced?

thanks for any info.

wsymington

• http://www.northskies.com
carry on iceland air
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 07:20:17 am »

I´m up and down to Reykjavík continuously and they don´t seem to care a fig. I once took on a baritone sax (a BIG piece of plumbing) and a rucksack full of Nikon gear and they didn´t stop me. Just as long as it fits in the bins you´re OK.

The Icelanders themselves are not greatly concerned with rules, as experience teaches me.

William

Howard Smith

carry on iceland air
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 11:39:47 am »

There seems to be an ethical problem here.  There are "rules and regulations" regarding cary on baggage.  The reason may not be apparent most of the time and the rule may seem foolish.  "If the bag fits in the bin, cram it in."  The rule may be motivated by weight during an emergency that could cause the bin to fail.  I have problems with those who make rules and don't enforce them, ad people who knowingly and willfully break the rules for their own convience.  I don't think photographers are exempt from ethics.  We certainly expect others to be "ethical" about throwing trash away and walking where my camera is aimed.  I'm disappointed that Michael seems to be endorsing braking the rules, at least in an offhand way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up