Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5?  (Read 17226 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
CS5?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »

Quote from: Philmar
I don't see what's so offensive about what he wrote. He didn't say professional photographers don't use or need Photoshop. Nor did he suggest that only amateurs use it. He suggested that the majority of the people that DO use Photoshop are non-pros with fat wallets. I am one such person. I am a photo-enthusiast that uses CS4. I could make do with Elements and either DPP, LR or GIMP but can afford CS5. I am not a pro. I am one such 'amateur with a big fat wallet". Photoshop definitely IS much more than what I need. I imagine there are more people like me using photoshop than there are people who make their living selling photographs.

And if I am wrong, then I am wrong. But to suggest that view is drivel and a waste of people's time and bandwidth is rather rude. Or maybe I'm missing something?

I think the tone and substance of what he wrote was insulting and not constructive. Anyone can have a different sense of it - that was mine. I enjoy this forum because it has standards and I would like to see them maintained. There are other places for these kind of potshots at other people, their status or their wallets, etc. My last comment on this one. Over and out.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
CS5?
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »

I thought CS5 was to be made available for download today (Apr 29).  Still no word.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
CS5?
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 01:25:44 am »

Quote from: Parrikar
I thought CS5 was to be made available for download today (Apr 29).  Still no word.

It was available before midnite San Jose time so it did release on the 29th...I'm downloading it now....

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
CS5?
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:45 am »

Quote from: Schewe
It was available before midnite San Jose time so it did release on the 29th...I'm downloading it now....

I downloaded and installed it.  Looks good.  Now I await my plug-in vendors Nik Software and Imagenomic to update their wares to work with CS5.

Pete_G

CS5?
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 05:02:49 pm »

Got the trial CS5 Extended download, installed on my Thinkpad T61p, Windows 7 Pro 64. Both 32 and 64 bit versions installed by default, only tried the 64 bit vers. Initial reactions are pretty positive - it seems nice and responsive, love the "scrubby zoom" feature. I tried the CS4 trial and passed on it, the Open GL stuff seemed sluggish but that's gone away now. I'll upgrade to this from my CS3, there's enough features to make it worthwhile. Don't use lots of plugins except for Photokit Sharpener, so I don't have those anxieties.

Adobe seem to be in, "we're gonna take over the world" mode at the moment with much of their CS Suite stuff.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
CS5?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 05:44:06 am »

Hi Eric, any word on when ACR 6.1 will ship?

Thx
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:44:23 am by mcbroomf »

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
CS5?
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 05:51:20 am »

Adobe seem to be in, "we're gonna take over the world" mode at the moment with much of their CS Suite stuff.

Heh.. maybe they didnt get the memo that Apple has that mantra  
Wild Nature Photo Travel

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
CS5?
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:46 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Heh.. maybe they didnt get the memo that Apple has that mantra  
Both acting like a bunch of spoiled little kids. You would think it would be more beneficial to work things out.
Its going to be interesting to watch all the Adobe trainers that exclusively use Mac. Will we see a PC taped over the Apple logo?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:26:03 am by Dan Berg »

Raw shooter

CS5?
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 01:04:26 pm »

Quote from: Dan Berg
Both acting like a bunch of spoiled little kids. You would think it would be more beneficial to work things out.
Its going to be interesting to watch all the Adobe trainers that exclusively use Mac. Will we see a PC taped over the Apple logo?
Just more cult on cult crime.  

madmanchan

• Web
CS5?
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 03:28:00 pm »

Quote from: mcbroomf
Hi Eric, any word on when ACR 6.1 will ship?

Hi Mike, should be just a few weeks away!  (I know folks would like a more specific answer, but unfortunately that's the best I can do for now.)
Eric Chan

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
CS5?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 06:58:04 pm »

That's fine Eric, thanks.  

AJPacheco

CS5?
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:50 pm »

Received CS5 this past week...I had ordered the boxed version,thinking there would be a user guide/summary like they used to include. But there's only the installation CD packed in a very large box. So that's what is meant by 'box version'; you get a box that can be used to store stuff in.

The last user guide I have is from CS2 (I skipped 3&4) and it was very well written. Concise and to the point and easy to read.

I had a small collection of the PS Bibles, PS for digital photographers, PS Tips & Secrets , etc., but donated them all to a church yard-sale last year after a stroke made reading difficult to impossible.  They usually don't change much in those books anyways....just add a new chapter or so and a new cover. Maybe CS5 will force the authors to actually work a bit this time.
I only kept B. Fraser's  Color Management book and my old collection of A. Adam's books.  Some things are timeless.

CS5 seems to be happy with my little Radeon 4670 video board (the CS4 trial crashed & burned constantly and I thought that Adobe had pulled a Toyota).

After being out of touch with the photographic industry since 2005, I'm surprised that the same old Apple vs Intel fights are still going strong, as indicated by another thread here.
I'm sure there are film vs digital arguments going on somewhere on the WWW as well.

Today I'm heading out to get some Tri-X if I can find some and load up the old film camera to see if I can still take a photo or two like I used to forty years ago.
Digital can wait for now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:46:43 pm by AJPacheco »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up