Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks to Bea Rose forgotten ?  (Read 6681 times)

ysengrain

Thanks to Bea Rose forgotten ?
« on: November 30, 2009, 12:04:50 pm »

Hi everybody,

I'm fond of this website.
For the first time I disagree, not about anybody particularly or any opinion, but when Michael thanked the people he was working with, in S1 studio, there were no thanks for the model Bea Rose.
A pity.

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:37:14 pm »

A point, and I'll correct it.

Bea Rose was paid for her work. She's a professional model.

Everyone else volunteered their time for this day of testing. That's why I went out of my way to recognize their contributions specifically.

Michael

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:39:08 pm »

Quote from: ysengrain
Hi everybody,

I'm fond of this website.
For the first time I disagree, not about anybody particularly or any opinion, but when Michael thanked the people he was working with, in S1 studio, there were no thanks for the model Bea Rose.
A pity.

I noticed that too, but then considered that it appeared that some participated and provided equipment, etc. free of charge (as I understood it) and perhaps Bea was hired for the shoot. There were the normal thanks and courtesies in the video, but if she was contracted for the job, to me it's not the same as providing space, equipment and make-up. It's simply business.  

Of course, I don't know any of the details.

Edit: haha. slow at the keyboard (again). Michael cleared it up.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:43:48 pm by DFAllyn »

ysengrain

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:57:24 am »

Quote from: michael
A point, and I'll correct it.

Bea Rose was paid for her work. She's a professional model.

Everyone else volunteered their time for this day of testing. That's why I went out of my way to recognize their contributions specifically.

Michael

I understand. I guessed she had been paid for. But, maybe because my culture is different (I'm french by chance and coming from foreign Eastern areas) I think that even you're paid for a job - I mean money - consideration is given by thanks. And Bea Rose, as participating to the shot, even paid, needs consideration, the same e.g. for the housekeeper (I understand and you too that she's not quoted in thanks).

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:22 am »

I understand. I guessed she had been paid for. But, maybe because my culture is different (I'm french by chance and coming from foreign Eastern areas) I think that even you're paid for a job - I mean money - consideration is given by thanks. And Bea Rose, as participating to the shot, even paid, needs consideration, the same e.g. for the housekeeper (I understand and you too that she's not quoted in thanks).

Aren't you sort of forgetting the taxi driver in all of this?

Rob C

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »

I think that even you're paid for a job - I mean money - consideration is given by thanks.

I don't mention a model's name with a photograph for security purposes unless they request their name be included -- and most don't seem to want it posted.   Some do however, but it's usually not their real name and they usually have a stage name for that purpose...
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:44 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Aren't you sort of forgetting the taxi driver in all of this?

Rob C

And the model's agent, and the assembly-line workers who put the cameras and lenses and other equipment together, and everyone who subscribes to LLVJ to pay for this and...

You gotta draw the line somewhere. From my perspective, thanks and 5 bucks will get you a latte at Starbucks. I'm guessing Bea's check was for more than $5.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 02:06:53 am »

A little off-topic, but this thread reminds me how everybody and their mother gets mentioned at the end of a film; I cannot recall any other industry where this phenomenon happens.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:20 am »

Quote from: EduPerez
A little off-topic, but this thread reminds me how everybody and their mother gets mentioned at the end of a film; I cannot recall any other industry where this phenomenon happens.

Señor Perez

If you have been paying attention to Woody Allen and Philip Roth you will understand immediately why Jewish Mothers are always mentioned in any credits! And quite rightly so.

;-)

Rob C

jeremyrh

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 03:47:29 am »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
You gotta draw the line somewhere. From my perspective, thanks and 5 bucks will get you a latte at Starbucks. I'm guessing Bea's check was for more than $5.
Cultural difference - the OP was French and has still some concept of politesse and galantry.

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 09:05:52 am »

Quote from: jeremyrh
Cultural difference - the OP was French and has still some concept of politesse and galantry.

The concept may exist in France, but the vast discrepancy between theory and practice, at least in Paris, is widely and historically recognized.
Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up