Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Exchange  (Read 52641 times)

Brad Proctor

Print Exchange
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2010, 02:47:07 pm »

Name use is ok.  Thanks Chris.
Brad Proctor

Craddosk

Print Exchange
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »

I have no problem with it. Great to hear about the boxes and shipping labels!

arashm

Print Exchange
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2010, 04:05:50 pm »

I'm also good with my name appearing.
exciting
am

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Print Exchange
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2010, 06:25:43 pm »

Chris,

What size Jpeg do you want?
Name use will be ok

Edmund
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:26:31 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »

Quote from: eronald
Chris,

What size Jpeg do you want?
Name use will be ok

Edmund
Like 400x600 is fine.

C

locpham

Print Exchange
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:46 am »

Feel free to use my name also.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:25:30 am by locpham »

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »

I've just shipped out the bulk of the parcels and most of you should have tracking numbers from me in your in box.  I still have to drop by Fed Ex with the two who included FedEx return slips (Thank you!).  I'll also be sending out the international ones tomorrow after I fill out a small pile of customs forms.  Thanks everyone for participating, I think we've got some really wonderful stuff here!

And if you can't wait to see the prints, you can see the web gallery here.

Considering we had participation not just nationally but also from Sweden, Austria, Norway, Canada, France and The Netherlands... I think it was pretty successful.

-CB
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:44:16 pm by CBarrett »

Craddosk

Print Exchange
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2010, 05:40:21 pm »

Woohoo! Can't wait until tomorrow and the internationals go out! Thanks again for putting this on!

psorantin

Print Exchange
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2010, 07:10:37 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett
I've just shipped out the bulk of the parcels and most of you should have tracking numbers from me in your in box.  I still have to drop by Fed Ex with the two who included FedEx return slips (Thank you!).  I'll also be sending out the international ones tomorrow after I fill out a small pile of customs forms.  Thanks everyone for participating, I think we've got some really wonderful stuff here!

Considering we had participation not just nationally but also from Sweden, Austria, Norway, Canada, France and The Netherlands... I think it was pretty successful.

-CB

2x Austria, as I am Austrian too, but live in New Jersey.

Didn't know we Austrians are such a force in photography; would have rather bet on skiing !

Peter
Peter Sorantin
New Jersey

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Print Exchange
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:09 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett

-CB

Some great work there.  Thanks for sharing them online!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Chris Livsey

Print Exchange
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2010, 03:13:42 am »

Viewing on line I just wish they were in hand very inspirational.

Just a note: If you click on "View" then drop down "about this gallery" no text.
Would be nice to have some text for those coming across the site. Using Safari BTW if that's at all relevant.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:14:21 am by Chris Livsey »

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2010, 10:32:45 pm »

Ok, as of yesterday, everything is in the mail.  Internationals should take 6-10 days, Shapps and Lamson will get their's in a day or two (being closest to me), can't wait to hear what everyone thinks!

-CB

Craddosk

Print Exchange
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:11 am »

Is there tracking numbers for the international shipments? Thanks again!

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2010, 01:35:59 pm »

I just took a look at the gallery--wow, there are some beautiful pieces in there--looking forward to seeing them as prints!

Thanks, Chris, for taking this on and helping us to share our passion.

-Brad
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Print Exchange
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2010, 03:53:31 pm »

I guess I'm the first, and after a slight detour the prints arrived!  What a nice selection of styles and content!

I've no favorites just yet, must absorb them for a bit.

But nicely done everyone and thanks so much for sharing.
Craig Lamson Photo

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:42 pm »

A little care package arrived in the mail today...  

Many gorgeous prints!  Mind if I share some thoughts about my favorites? (no particular order):

Night Office (Philipp Derganz) - A beautiful low-key semi-abstract.  The repeating patterns are mesmerising!!  I love how the fluorescent lights on the rounded part of the building on the right seem to radiate out; contrasts nicely with the flat receding lines on the flat part of the building on the left.  The green stairwell lifts the dark tones for me, with all the class and intricate interior, I feel almost like a voyeur looking into this building at night trying to see what's going on.

Moonrise Over Observation Deck (Alan Brandt) - While the observation deck structure as a subject doesn't really work for me, the composition placement, depth of field, toning and other aesthetics combine beautifully in this piece.  The lighting/burning/dodging is very nice.

Svalbard Raindeer (Ronny Nilsen) - Ronny, what a lovely print!  The texture of the matte paper really makes the reindeer appear soft (not in appearance, but to the touch).  Combined with the salt-and-pepper blending of his coat, the overall high-key presentation of this scene really works for me.  My wife also commented that the beauty of nature comes through so easily in this piece!  I think she's right.

Festival of Cultures (John Schweikert) - I love this image.  The sillhouette is just light enough to hold a little detail.  Great job with the selective focus, too.  This rendering communicates a sense of the spirituality of his dance--I love this.  The tones range from full black to full white which is great, but there is somewhat of an unflattering (to my eye, at least) greenish-yellow tint to the print--I don't know if that was deliberate or not, but regardless, I really enjoy this piece--thank you!

Untitled (David Karmeli) - What appears to be a scene with a young girl lit from underneath with a bound, nude woman in the background.  What an arresting piece!  The on-screen JPEG does not do this image justice.  From the on-screen version, I thought the girl was a doll, but in the print, her skintones are so subtle; there is a translucent quality which quickly convinced me she is real.  As for what is going on in this scene, I am trying to piece it together, but cannot!  I'm enjoying the mystery.  I'm disturbed, intrigued, confused and impressed all at the same time.  I consider any piece which can do that a very successful piece of art.  What is in the girl's hand??

Untitled (Greg Shapps) - I am an avid cyclist, and somehow I never, ever thought to do anything like what you've done here.  I like how this print becomes abstract at a distance and very recognizable up close.  Perfect tonality throughout--this is gorgeous work!

Untitled (Arash Moallemi) - Did you know I just spent a fortune on medium format gear over the past two years, only to return to small format??  Your print is a stupendous example of what I was seeking when I made the transition--it leaps off the page with its crispness and exquisite detail.  Although I'm quite sure you didn't, please, please tell me you did this with small format gear!    Gorgeous rich colors--the blues, the red accent, the whites, the ultra-fine shadows, the symmetry, and those clouds!!  This print is just--well, sorry to overuse the word, but it's the only one that fits--exquisite.

I am relatively new to print exchanges, but I very much enjoyed participating.  Thanks to everyone who participated, and again to Chris for organizing and handling all the logistics.

Kind regards,
-Brad
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:17:26 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Print Exchange
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2010, 01:05:08 am »

Quote from: bradleygibson

Many gorgeous prints!  Mind if I share some thoughts about my favorites? (no particular order):

You've peaked my curiosity Brad, unfortunately I can't see the prints until I return home at the end of next week, don't even have cell connection...

Untitled (David Karmeli) - What appears to be a scene with a young girl lit from underneath with a bound, nude woman in the background.  What an arresting piece!  The on-screen JPEG does not do this image justice.  From the on-screen version, I thought the girl was a doll, but in the print, her skintones are so subtle; there is a translucent quality which quickly convinced me she is real.  As for what is going on in this scene, I am trying to piece it together, but cannot!  I'm enjoying the mystery.  I'm disturbed, intrigued, confused and impressed all at the same time.  I consider any piece which can do that a very successful piece of art.  What is in the girl's hand??

Thanks for the kind words Brad! This is one in a series that I'm currently working on related to the basement of this particular building. She has a rusty screw driver in her hand; I'll leave the rest to your imagination...
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

Brad Proctor

Print Exchange
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2010, 01:58:36 pm »

Great work everyone!  Such a wide variety of different styles.  I'm really happy with the prints I received.  My wife and I plan to frame most of them to hang on a big empty wall we have at home.  I'm excited.
Brad Proctor

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Print Exchange
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

Brad, great comments. I very much appreciated it.

I'm still waiting, it will take a while for the prints to come to the cold north. :-/ I'm really looking forward to getting them!
And thanks to Chris for organizing all this!

Ronny

Svalbard Raindeer (Ronny Nilsen) - Ronny, what a lovely print!  The texture of the matte paper really makes the reindeer appear soft (not in appearance, but to the touch).  Combined with the salt-and-pepper blending of his coat, the overall high-key presentation of this scene really works for me.  My wife also commented that the beauty of nature comes through so easily in this piece!  I think she's right.

Kind regards,
-Brad

Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Professional

Print Exchange
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2010, 06:38:43 pm »

My inks will expire, when i will have new inks i will be in [i hope].
Also what i should print? from which camera? or doesn't matter as the print size will not show the difference.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up