Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Exchange  (Read 52654 times)

arashm

Print Exchange
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 08:49:52 am »

Cool.  Now then, is a 1 month timeframe manageable for everyone to get their prints done?

I'm good for a one month timeframe.
am

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 09:32:19 am »

My apologies to everyone who missed signup.  While I don't feel like I can reasonably ask participants to make more than 20 prints for the exchange, I do think another one of these should be held soon.  I know I'd sign up again if I could.

Here's how I'd like to proceed...

Pick ONE of your images that you'd like to share.  Send me 20 prints of that image in an 11x17 box (or closest larger metric equivalent).  Feel free to print smaller if that's how you want your work seen or are limited to smaller outputs.  Enclose a note with your proper return address and any information you want to disclose about the image, technical, inspirational, whatever.  You'll be getting one of your own prints back, which saves me from having to make custom piles for everyone.

Send the prints anytime within the next month, but PM me when you do so that I know to look for them.

Christopher Barrett Photography
3305 Wisconsin Avenue
Berwyn, Illinois
USA

Thanks everyone for making this happen!  Now get busy!

-CB

PS, I've considered creating an online portfolio of the 20 images, which may inspire more print exchanges.  It's up to you guys, let me know if you think that's cool or if you're not comfortable with it.

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Print Exchange
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:54 am »

Quote from: CBarrett
PS, I've considered creating an online portfolio of the 20 images, which may inspire more print exchanges.  It's up to you guys, let me know if you think that's cool or if you're not comfortable with it.

I have no problems with it, easy enough to enclose a digital file with the prints...
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Print Exchange
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 12:43:39 pm »

Quote from: ddk
I have no problems with it, easy enough to enclose a digital file with the prints...

Same here. It would indeed be good marketing for the next round! I'm also curious to see just how different other people's prints look compared to their sRGB web-resolution photos.

I think the best solution is to PM the image to Mr Barrett, as otherwise he'll be spending quite a bit of time scanning the prints, and/or we'll waste a CD on just one image - but it's up to him of course.

Brad Proctor

Print Exchange
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 01:10:18 pm »

Sounds like a good idea to me
Brad Proctor

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Print Exchange
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 02:38:05 pm »

I think it's a good idea.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Jozef Zajaz

Print Exchange
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 02:40:37 pm »

My apologies to everyone who missed signup.  While I don't feel like I can reasonably ask participants to make more than 20 prints for the exchange, I do think another one of these should be held soon.  I know I'd sign up again if I could.

Pick ONE of your images that you'd like to share.  Send me 20 prints of that image in an 11x17 box (or closest larger metric equivalent).  Feel free to print smaller if that's how you want your work seen or are limited to smaller outputs.  Enclose a note with your proper return address and any information you want to disclose about the image, technical, inspirational, whatever.  You'll be getting one of your own prints back, which saves me from having to make custom piles for everyone.

Send the prints anytime within the next month, but PM me when you do so that I know to look for them.

3305 Wisconsin Avenue
Berwyn, Illinois
USA

-CB

Will order my prints this week

Anyone know about customs sending from europe to the us?

Online gallery sounds great i'm in.

Craddosk

Print Exchange
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »

3305 Wisconsin Avenue
Berwyn, Illinois
USA

-CB

Done, I'll be sending it to you as soon as my lab gets them printed up!

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Print Exchange
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2009, 05:23:05 pm »

Quote from: Jozef Zajaz
Anyone know about customs sending from europe to the us?

It's safest to put "printed matter, no commercial value" on top of the package (in both directions) which minimizes the chance of customs getting overly interested in it.

GregShapps

• http://www.shappsphotography.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »

3305 Wisconsin Avenue
Berwyn, Illinois
USA

BERWYN

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 06:47:00 pm »

Quote from: GregShapps
BERWYN

That's right Svengoolitoes!  Berwyn, Il, home of the Famous Car Spire!

Uh.... what's that?  They tore it down?  Had to make room for a new Walgreen's?

Berwyn, IL!  Home of Walgreen's!

arashm

Print Exchange
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 06:59:47 pm »

Excellent
I'm off to explore my archives.
am

yyapp

• Not Safe For Work
Print Exchange
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 06:24:29 pm »

Chris,
this is an excellent idea. I saw it too late but
hopefully, I'll be able to participate next time.

Rafa

http://www.rafaelhernandezphotography.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:01 am »

Quote from: yyapp
Chris,
this is an excellent idea. I saw it too late but
hopefully, I'll be able to participate next time.

Rafa

http://www.rafaelhernandezphotography.com
Me too. Put me on the waiting list for one of the next rounds.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 10:43:19 am »

If you want to send me a web res of your image (for the gallery) you can snag my email address here.

Cheers,

CB
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:45:07 am by CBarrett »

GregShapps

• http://www.shappsphotography.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 02:12:29 am »

Hey - whats the due date on the prints?

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2009, 03:36:16 am »

oh man, I missed that...

how about anyone joining a second batch?

Being a copycat I'd do the same thing:
I'd be taking those prints for distribution, 20 participants, I am paying for postage, printsize not much larger than DIN A3 (me European, you know!)

My Studio isn't properly manned till 15th of january, so try to get those packets in between 15th and 31st.

send me an email if you want to join: info@randlkofer.com, you get my shipping address from the link at the bottom.

great if you would insert a printed return adress label.

I love christmas....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:16:00 am by geesbert »
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

CBarrett

Print Exchange
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2009, 10:23:32 am »

I was about to suggest that someone put together another one, there were a number of people interested beyond the first 20.  Cool!

I have prints from Marc, Phillip, Daniel J and Harri.  Loc, I'm around the next few days if you want to try and coordinate dropping them off.

Everybody else, it would be great if you could get your's in within the next week or so.  I've already booked about 20 days for next year so things are about to get nuts here!

Happy 2010!

-Chris

PS... right now I have prints from California, Hawaii, Austria and Sweden.  How cool is that?!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:43:14 am by CBarrett »

arashm

Print Exchange
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2009, 11:01:28 am »

I was about to suggest that someone put together another one, there were a number of people interested beyond the first 20.  Cool!

I have prints from Marc, Phillip, Daniel J and Harri.  Loc, I'm around the next few days if you want to try and coordinate dropping them off.

Everybody else, it would be great if you could get your's in within the next week or so.  I've already booked about 20 days for next year so things are about to get nuts here!

Happy 2010!

-Chris

Chris Mine will be there next week.
Thank you and Happy holidays.
am

Shirley Bracken

• http://ssbracken.com
Print Exchange
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2009, 12:16:04 pm »

I can't wait to see all the prints.  Let us know where to see them.  One day I'll be experienced enough to join in too.
ssbracken.com  (Formerly Bumperjack)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up