Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalog Problem  (Read 1430 times)

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
Catalog Problem
« on: November 28, 2009, 11:59:32 am »

I recently reformatted my hard drives so I could get rid of RAID 1 (4 drive failures in  1 1/2 years caused by a mother board problem.  Thanks for nothing HP)  At the same time I installed Windows7.  Everything was backed up and generally transferred just fine.  Except my extensive Lightroom files.  Most things seem to have made it to the new system OK, EXCEPT my color coding on the image files.  Develop data, meta data and star ratings are all fine.  But the colors I use to specify "processed", "to do" and "flawed" images are gone.  Anyone have any ideas?  As you can imagine, this represents quite a bit of time and effort and I don't know if it can be recreated without a massive time commitment.

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
Catalog Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 02:19:24 pm »

Problem solved.  In tagging photos earlier, I had changed the default name of the colors, ie. 'green' became 'processed'.  When I reinstalled LR after wiping my hard drive, I did not change the name of the colors from default to my names.  Hence, LR did not find them and I thought I had lost my color coding.  After changing the default names to my names, LR picked up everything and all is well.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Catalog Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 03:25:12 pm »

Glad you sorted that out, and thanks for letting us know!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up