Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunrise  (Read 3114 times)

stamper

Sunrise
« on: November 27, 2009, 04:28:32 am »

A sunrise image taken last Wednesday.

[attachment=18205:Morning_glory.jpg]

francois

Sunrise
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 04:57:37 am »

The light is beautiful and strong diagonal lines really give dynamism to the scene. The bridge & reflection with the oval shape acts like a target where all diagonals are converging. Well done.
Francois

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Sunrise
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 02:19:28 am »

Ditto!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
Sunrise
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 07:01:55 am »

Excellent! Way better than I ever saw Glasgow... Always rain or grey clouds.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:02:54 am by Wim van Velzen »
I don't have a signature.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Sunrise
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:04:23 pm »

I like it very much, too.

Rob C

Sunrise
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 12:18:08 pm »

Indeed, a very good shot! Shame about the crane being idle, though, but that's 'progress'!.

There's a great angle you might want to try, if you can get permission. The Co-Op building by the end of the Kingston Bridge has that tower - there is an interior staircase that leads to a small gallery on the outside of said tower, from which there is a great view over the bridge and towards the Daily Record building - unless I get confused with geography again, but I think not  - which I once used for, I think, Clydesdale Bank advertising. Worth the climb.

Rob C

stamper

Sunrise
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:21 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Indeed, a very good shot! Shame about the crane being idle, though, but that's 'progress'!.

There's a great angle you might want to try, if you can get permission. The Co-Op building by the end of the Kingston Bridge has that tower - there is an interior staircase that leads to a small gallery on the outside of said tower, from which there is a great view over the bridge and towards the Daily Record building - unless I get confused with geography again, but I think not  - which I once used for, I think, Clydesdale Bank advertising. Worth the climb.

Rob C

Rob thanks. I have thought about that. When was the last time you done it? That area has changed a lot in the last few years and I think that it isn't the Co -Op building any more? I have seen a panoramic photo taken from the top of the building in the Blane Valley Inn in Blanefield.  The problem with that part of the Clyde is public access. The authorities haven't provided the access that should have happened when they  re constructed the whole area. A bane of contention to the public in general.

I have just re read your post again. You have lived in Majorca for a few years? The Daily Record building isn't there any more along with all of the pubs that lined that area. All gone. Betty's bar, Carousel, Off the Record, Copycat, Montrose, The walkway. I take it you have been in all of them? The City inn next to the Squinty bridge - in the image - is the one remaining watering hole, apart from a couple of restaurants.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:00:00 am by stamper »

Rob C

Sunrise
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:18:55 pm »

Quote from: stamper
Rob thanks. I have thought about that. When was the last time you done it? That area has changed a lot in the last few years and I think that it isn't the Co -Op building any more? I have seen a panoramic photo taken from the top of the building in the Blane Valley Inn in Blanefield.  The problem with that part of the Clyde is public access. The authorities haven't provided the access that should have happened when they  re constructed the whole area. A bane of contention to the public in general.

I have just re read your post again. You have lived in Majorca for a few years? The Daily Record building isn't there any more along with all of the pubs that lined that area. All gone. Betty's bar, Carousel, Off the Record, Copycat, Montrose, The walkway. I take it you have been in all of them? The City inn next to the Squinty bridge - in the image - is the one remaining watering hole, apart from a couple of restaurants.

Hi

Lived on Mallorca since '81 which might exlain a few things! The last time I was in Scotland must have been about four or five years ago at least - is the Buttery still there?

Pubs on the Clyde: I can vaguely remember where the Wave (?) was - I think it used to be by the Suspension Bridge, near and opppsite Fazzi Brothers on Clyde Street where the buses used to park. Regarding the when of the shoot from up the Co-op building - it must have been shortly ater the Kingston Bridge was opened, whenever that was, or I don't imagine there would have been much point to it. Used to get cool haircuts from Fusco's in Cambridge Street during the 50s - he was a great jazz fan, was Mr Fusco!

Seems like a lifetime ago...

Rob C

stamper

Sunrise
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 04:27:09 am »

The Buttery is still there but the pub - the Shandon bells, I think that was the name - has gone. The Co-Op building is being converted to flats. The commercial premises at the suspension footbridge have mostly disappeared. Glasgow is probably the only major city with a major river running through it that hasn't lined the river with a variety of pubs and cafes.  One small area has some but it is a white elephant. Still there are some good photo opportunities if you sniff around.

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Sunrise
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 10:42:49 am »

The light and the arch with matching reflection really make this one work.  Nice job.

Rob C

Sunrise
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 12:27:50 pm »

Quote from: stamper
The Buttery is still there but the pub - the Shandon bells, I think that was the name - has gone. The Co-Op building is being converted to flats. The commercial premises at the suspension footbridge have mostly disappeared. Glasgow is probably the only major city with a major river running through it that hasn't lined the river with a variety of pubs and cafes.  One small area has some but it is a white elephant. Still there are some good photo opportunities if you sniff around.

Sad to read all of this; however, there used to be a disco called the White Elephant during a period in the late 60s or early 70s; some models I knew used to go there. Another popular pub was the Muscular Arms and there was also a place called Charley Parker's up at Exchange Square, I think, though I believe even that historically valuable name has been changed to a newer, politically correctly motivated one to kiss the ass of a politician in another land. Yet the river, as you wrote, remains neglected. I suppose it's the fault of the English. (Joke.)

;-)

Rob C

P.S. Enjoyed the chat about the old place!
Pages: [1]   Go Up