Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Driver Paper Size Presets  (Read 2042 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Print Driver Paper Size Presets
« on: November 26, 2009, 03:54:14 pm »

I have dozens of carefully prepared paper size presets for my Z3100, so when I print I can choose the best one.
Dual booting now with Windows 7, I see that all my lovely presets are gone and it would be painstaking to recreate each one again manually.

Does anybody know of a way where you can export the old paper list in XP to use in Windows 7?
Where is the information stored, registry?

Thanks

ThePhotoDude

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:48:14 am »

Somebody here must have re-installed Windows at some point, even re-installation of XP, and found all the paper size presets had disappeared and somehow imported them over?
This is even more annoying now as the automated job log in Qimage doesn't work without the exact paper presets, so I cannot even bring up the old jobs.

Anyone? Thanks

leuallen

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:56:04 am »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
Somebody here must have re-installed Windows at some point, even re-installation of XP, and found all the paper size presets had disappeared and somehow imported them over?
This is even more annoying now as the automated job log in Qimage doesn't work without the exact paper presets, so I cannot even bring up the old jobs.

Anyone? Thanks

Yep, I did it. This was from Vista 64 to Win 7 64 so your locations and paths might vary. On Vista 64 my Qimage was installed on the E: drive and I found two installation folders: Qimage and Qimage Data. Under Qimage Data I found Save and in that I found my printer templates. They had the extensions .pr1 and .prt. There was one of each for each template that I had made. There are a bunch of other extensions in this folder as well. I could tell my files from the stock files by the unique names I had given them.

I copied my templates. Then I had to find where to place them in Win 7. Of course the file structure is totally different! In Win 7 I did a normal install of Qimage in the C: drive. It was installed under Programs(X64) but no luck finding a folder there to place them. Tried User/App Data/..., where a lot of this type thing is usually stored, but not there. Looked around and noticed Program Data but no Qimage. Of course not, it is under ddisoftware (just love how they use the company name instead of the program name. I usually never remember the company name for non-major players). There you will find Qimage and under that the Save folder. Place your files there.

Now that I know the extension to look for, what I would do is search the old installation for *.pr1 or *.prt. This will locate the your original files. To find where to place them in the new installation I would create a dummy paper preset called FindMe or something unique. Then search for that file as FindMe.*.

I have a dual boot, so the old installation was still easily available to me. I hope you have a full backup of the old installation and a backup program that allows you to search for files so that you can find your old files.

Opps. I see that you have a dual boot, so you should be OK.

Larry
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:57:20 am by leuallen »

ThePhotoDude

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:22:36 pm »

Thanks for that, but I actually mean the presets in the Print Driver itself.

leuallen

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 05:45:41 pm »

Ok. Must have done that too. Do this at your own risk. Back up your current new files so that you can revert if it does not work.

My path to the file which saves the printer settings and print size settings, both in the same file. It is a binary file so you cannot edit it directly.

C:\ProgramData\EPSON\EPSON Stylus Pro 3800\E_FCL0DAE.UCF

Note mine is for a 3800. Yours will be different if you have different model. The file name will probably be different too.

Locate this folder and file on your old installation. It is the same path on my Vista 64 and Win 7 64. Copy the file you find there to your
new installation. I think the file name will be the same for both.

Good luck. I have my paper settings but don't remember what I did to get them but this should work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up