Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya RZ67 buying options  (Read 2355 times)

derekkwong

Mamiya RZ67 buying options
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:36 am »

Hi all LL members

I am interested to get a RZ67
There is Pro and Pro II version, and the price is quiet big different
What is the different with Pro and II? Which one should i get?

Also I like to shoot landscape and portrait, do the result is good from 50mm, 110mm, 140mm macro with aptus 17?

Thanks

Ben Peartree

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:23:56 am »

Quote from: derekkwong
Hi all LL members

Also I like to shoot landscape and portrait, do the result is good from 50mm, 110mm, 140mm macro with aptus 17?

Thanks

Everything about the main differences can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RZ67
I've used the Aptus backs with nearly all the RZ lenses except for the 37mm fisheye and i have to say i've never been disappointed.
--------------------
Ben Norton
London
Peartree (Leaf and Broncolor dealers)

Peartree Photo
Peartree Photo Online Shop

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:07:20 pm »

Quote from: Ben Peartree
Everything about the main differences can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RZ67
I've used the Aptus backs with nearly all the RZ lenses except for the 37mm fisheye and i have to say i've never been disappointed.

The Wikipedia reference is correct.  The main difference is the communication between camera body and the back.  If you will be putting a digital back on either camera
the cabling and adapter plate is quite different on the RZ Pro IID vs the RZ / RZ Pro II.  The RZ Pro IID (with a Phase One DB) does not require any cabling as well as the adapter plate allows the back to talk to the DB directly to transfer lens / shutter speed information.   The standard RZ requires a different adapter plate and has multiple cables connecting the DB  to the camera.

Chris Lawery
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »

Hi all LL members

Thanks

The big different IMO is the fine focus knob...for portraits this is priceless, meaning you either get the shot or you "almost" get the shot.

One area that needs attention on all models is the sync socket on the lens as well as the contacts between the lens and body. If these are worn you may get corrupt images. However this is easy to deal with as repairs are cheap.

Also note that Leaf backs, if used with the Leaf adapter, require only one sync cable from lens to back and lets you rotate the back just like a film magazine.

Hope this helps

yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

derekkwong

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:14:42 pm »

Quote from: yaya
The big different IMO is the fine focus knob...for portraits this is priceless, meaning you either get the shot or you "almost" get the shot.

One area that needs attention on all models is the sync socket on the lens as well as the contacts between the lens and body. If these are worn you may get corrupt images. However this is easy to deal with as repairs are cheap.

Also note that Leaf backs, if used with the Leaf adapter, require only one sync cable from lens to back and lets you rotate the back just like a film magazine.

Hope this helps

yair

Hi Yair

I think i am going for RZ67 not pro II, if the different is just focus knob and 0.5ev increase
My aptus is in H mount, i would get H1 if i need fast and accuracy focusing    
Thanks for information

Derek

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:39:49 pm »

Another difference is that the PROII has a special setting for the camera to be used with RB lenses. On the regular RZ you have to have the shutter speeds set at the same value in the body and in the lens.

Brady

• http://www.bradyfontenot.com
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 06:24:13 pm »

I would challenge the below statement.  I used an rz67 pro i with an rb lens for several years and never had to do what you mention.

Quote from: sergio
Another difference is that the PROII has a special setting for the camera to be used with RB lenses. On the regular RZ you have to have the shutter speeds set at the same value in the body and in the lens.

AlDoori

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 02:40:52 am »

I think i am going for RZ67 not pro II, if the different is just focus knob and 0.5ev increase

the main difference is the age.
the original RZ was produced from 1982 to 1993 or so, the RZ pro II from about 1993 to 2004.
Pages: [1]   Go Up