Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a workshop and print finishing table  (Read 9565 times)

Peter McLennan

Building a workshop and print finishing table
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 10:58:01 am »

I just built this.  It doesn't meet your size spec, but it's big enough for my Logan 850 matte cutter.

A single 4X8 sheet of 3/4 MDF and some re-cycled 2X6 and 2X4.  Note the non-steering casters on two legs.  While big and heavy, the table is easy to move.  I'll by applying a few coats of clear urethane to the tabletop. MDF looks very nice once the finish is on.

The overhead lighting is four 65W fluorescent bulbs, (Lowes) for an incandescent equivalent of about 1000W.  I mixed two warm white and two "daylight" bulbs.  Not colour correct, but BRIGHT.

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Building a workshop and print finishing table
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 05:05:30 am »

Quote from: Peter McLennan
I just built this.  It doesn't meet your size spec, but it's big enough for my Logan 850 matte cutter.

A single 4X8 sheet of 3/4 MDF and some re-cycled 2X6 and 2X4.  Note the non-steering casters on two legs.  While big and heavy, the table is easy to move.  I'll by applying a few coats of clear urethane to the tabletop. MDF looks very nice once the finish is on.

The overhead lighting is four 65W fluorescent bulbs, (Lowes) for an incandescent equivalent of about 1000W.  I mixed two warm white and two "daylight" bulbs.  Not colour correct, but BRIGHT.

Wow - that's really a neat finish, I wish my woodworking skills were as good - mine's likely to have nails sticking out somewhere. !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up