Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D 60 Battery Drain???  (Read 1452 times)

BruceK

D 60 Battery Drain???
« on: July 10, 2003, 09:22:08 pm »

Matt:

I had a similar problem with a D30 and ED3 grip. Returned the set to Canon and things now seem to be working (although I seldom use the grip). I have a couple of IS lenses, one is usually left on the camera, and have not noticed the problem since.

My two cents: Return the grip (and probably include the camera too) for service.

Bruce

mpross

D 60 Battery Drain???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 05:49:03 pm »

Have had my D 60 for over a year and have only had this problem recently. Up until I got a Canon 70-200 2.8L IS I would always leave the camera in my bag without a lens and the dust cap on. Since I have this new lens, (and a new bag in order to hold it all) I have been leaving the 70-200 on the camera with camera switched off. Twice now after having left it in the case for about a week, both batteries are completely drained. Oh, yea, I have the battery grip on the camera as well, but I have always had it this way.

Will Canon's 70-200 2.8L IS drain batteries if left attached to the body??
Anyone else had this??

Matt

Robert Lejeune

D 60 Battery Drain???
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 05:00:20 pm »

I have the same experience.
It only happens when you change the lens to put an IS lens on and do not power down (because the camera was already powered down). Turning the D60 briefly on and off should prevent the drain.

Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up