Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper recommendation  (Read 2208 times)

Vishal

Paper recommendation
« on: November 24, 2009, 01:49:20 pm »

I am looking for an Ilford Glossy and a Moab Fine Art paper to use with an epson R2880 and a canon 9500 mark II printer.
Does anyone have recommendation on any specific paper from these companies that is commonly used? Focus is to achieve best image quality.
I would have considered Galerie Silk, but its Silk not Gloss. I have looked at Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss, but they say it is best to use with dye based printer for best image quality. Anyone used it on pigment based printers?
Moab - Entrada or Somerset fine art?

JBerardi

Paper recommendation
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:08 pm »

Ilford Classic Gloss is the stuff that only works for dye printers. Ilford Smooth Gloss is fine for pigment. I've used quite a bit of it with my Epson printers (a 2200 and now a 3800), and as far as RC gloss papers go, I think it's quite nice.

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
Paper recommendation
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:05:42 pm »

Ditto that Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss works great with the Epson 3800 - that was the main paper I used with my 3800 for quite some time.

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

Mark Muse

• http://www.markmusephotographs.com
Paper recommendation
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:42 pm »

Moab Entrada (bright white) is very nice. Unless you are going to make your own profile make sure you download their Moab Entrada BW profile (BW=bright white). Their other profile for entrada natural is not as good.

On my 4800 I print perceptual, no BPC, using Epson Enhanced Matte paper setting @2880 ppi and their Entrada BW profile with excellent results (even though they say to use the Radiant White paper setting).

Something you might consider if you are using Entrada is buying some Keyenta to use as a proofing paper with the Entrada BW profile. Keyenta is even cheaper than EEM and if you use the same profile and print settings as Entrada gives a pretty close match.

Also, save your bad prints from both of these papers because the papers are coated on both sides and you can use S2 for more test/proof prints.

Cheers,
Mark Muse

Paul Sumi

Paper recommendation
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 01:41:30 pm »

Quote from: Mark Muse
Moab Entrada (bright white) is very nice. Unless you are going to make your own profile make sure you download their Moab Entrada BW profile (BW=bright white). Their other profile for entrada natural is not as good.

+1, my favorite matte paper (on a Epson 2400).

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up