Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye-One Match 3.6.3 vs. Mac 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)  (Read 6530 times)

JonRoemer

• http://www.jonroemer.com/
Eye-One Match 3.6.3 vs. Mac 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:16:11 am »

There is a new version of Eye-one Match, v3.6.3, that is supposed to be Snow Leopard compatible.

I just upgraded my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard, 10.6.2, to Eye-one Match 3.6.3, and I'm finding that I can't profile my 23" ACD using it.  All looks and appears fine until the very last step.  When the profile is saved the monitor suddenly shifts in color.  I've tried profiling a few times and the color shift seems almost random.  Redish, greenish, bluish – all three shifts have happened.

The 23" ACD is a second display on my Mac Pro and it is not set as the default display in Colorsync.  It's also connected via an Apple mini-displayport to DVI (single link) adapter.  Don't know if any of these are factors.  The other display, a NEC 30" wide gamut, calibrates fine with NEC's Spectraview.

For the time being using an old display profile created under 10.5.x will be the work around for the 23" ACD.

There are others who appear to be having similar issues.

I've contacted X-Rite support but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been through this.

--
Site | Blog

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:34:21 am »

Quote from: JonRoemer
There is a new version of Eye-one Match, v3.6.3, that is supposed to be Snow Leopard compatible.

I just upgraded my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard, 10.6.2, to Eye-one Match 3.6.3, and I'm finding that I can't profile my 23" ACD using it.  All looks and appears fine until the very last step.  When the profile is saved the monitor suddenly shifts in color.  I've tried profiling a few times and the color shift seems almost random.  Redish, greenish, bluish – all three shifts have happened.

The 23" ACD is a second display on my Mac Pro and it is not set as the default display in Colorsync.  It's also connected via an Apple mini-displayport to DVI (single link) adapter.  Don't know if any of these are factors.  The other display, a NEC 30" wide gamut, calibrates fine with NEC's Spectraview.

For the time being using an old display profile created under 10.5.x will be the work around for the 23" ACD.

I've contacted X-Rite support but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been through this.

--
Site | Blog

I installed and used i1match on Snow Leopard and it worked, so I have no idea what could go wrong in that case, but - 23"ACD is pretty well linearised to gamma 2.2, and the native white point is not that bad, so or so it's an 8bit display, so calibration doesn't really improve the quality of the image. I'd uninstall i1match software, and only create profile the display with SVII - at the native state.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:36:41 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:50:19 am »

--
Site | Blog

As I don't use Eye-one Match for profiling monitors so I cannot say for sure but Xrite does allude to their software having problems with Version 4 profiles on 10.6. Be it known that Xrite tries to claim that 10.6 has a problem with Version 4 profiles which is bogus information.

If you have an option to create version 2 profiles with Eye-one Match I would try that.

Doyle

JonRoemer

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:51:21 am »

Quote from: Czornyj
I installed and used i1match on Snow Leopard and it worked, so I have no idea what could go wrong in that case, but - 23"ACD is pretty well linearised to gamma 2.2, and the native white point is not that bad, so or so it's an 8bit display, so calibration doesn't really improve the quality of the image. I'd uninstall i1match software, and only create profile the display with SVII - at the native state.

Thanks.  I've already heard back from X-Rite via phone (great follow-up on their part.)  They are going to look at the old and new profiles, my system profiler, and see what they can determine.

The 23" ACD shows up as "unsupported" in Spectraview so as far as I know it cannot profile the ACD.

Again, for the time being I can use an old ACD profile made in 10.5.  Not the end the world by any means.

JonRoemer

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

Quote from: DYP
As I don't use Eye-one Match for profiling monitors so I cannot say for sure but Xrite does allude to their software having problems with Version 4 profiles on 10.6. Be it known that Xrite tries to claim that 10.6 has a problem with Version 4 profiles which is bogus information.

If you have an option to create version 2 profiles with Eye-one Match I would try that.

The profiles I created are version 2.  That's the default in Eye-one Match.

I ran into issues with Version 4 profiles made in Eye-one Match well before 10.6.  In 10.5 it would cause problems with image previews in Aperture.

JonRoemer

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:33:06 pm »

I installed and used i1match on Snow Leopard and it worked...

I just tried shutting down, unplugging the NEC 30", booting up with only the 23" ACD attached, and then running Eye-one Match.  That appears to have worked fine.  So, the issue may be tied into having two displays running when using Eye-one Match 3.6.3 in Mac 10.6.2.

I've sent this new info. to X-Rite and will report back when I hear from them.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:44:16 pm »

The 23" ACD shows up as "unsupported" in Spectraview so as far as I know it cannot profile the ACD.
Yes, you can. Select the "Display 2 - Apple Cinema Display (Unsupported)", and choose: File>Generate ICC Profile.

I just tried shutting down, unplugging the NEC 30", booting up with only the 23" ACD attached, and then running Eye-one Match.  That appears to have worked fine.  So, the issue may be tied into having two displays running when using Eye-one Match 3.6.3 in Mac 10.6.2.
That's weird - please tell what was wrong if you'll sort it out
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

JonRoemer

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

Yes, you can. Select the "Display 2 - Apple Cinema Display (Unsupported)", and choose: File>Generate ICC Profile.

Right you are!  Very cool.  This worked fine.

So, that's further proof of Eye-One Match not working when two monitors are attached (at least on my system.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up