Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop sending blank prints to 9900  (Read 1839 times)

mikev1

Photoshop sending blank prints to 9900
« on: November 21, 2009, 02:26:00 am »

Hello, on larger prints I'm getting a lot of blank prints sent to the printer or only the top 1/4 or so of the image is printing on the bottom 1/3 of the stated paper dimensions.

I suspect this is a problem with the amount of RAM etc and has nothing to do with the 9900 per se.

I try to always check print preview  to avoid sending blank or partial images to the printer so I'm not wasting any paper but it is an annoyance.  I do forget though time to time.  It doesn't seem to matter whether it is Phtoshop or Qimage really, though most of the problems are through photoshop.

I am running an vista computer with a Q6600 with 4GB's of RAM.

I generally have to send the file three of four times to get the full image to appear or print.

Anyone having similar issues?

Mike

Mary K

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:29:46 pm »

Quote from: mikev1
Hello, on larger prints I'm getting a lot of blank prints sent to the printer or only the top 1/4 or so of the image is printing on the bottom 1/3 of the stated paper dimensions.

I suspect this is a problem with the amount of RAM etc and has nothing to do with the 9900 per se.

I try to always check print preview  to avoid sending blank or partial images to the printer so I'm not wasting any paper but it is an annoyance.  I do forget though time to time.  It doesn't seem to matter whether it is Phtoshop or Qimage really, though most of the problems are through photoshop.

I generally have to send the file three of four times to get the full image to appear or print.

Mike

I am having the same problem printing to my HP Z3100 when printing through Photoshop CS4.  I didn't have the problem with PS CS3, and I can print fine using either Lightroom 2 or Qimage.  It happens to me regardless of file size, so I'm careful to check the print preview before proceeding with a print.    

Mary
Mary Konchar

Paul Eby

• http://www.digitalokpphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:18:17 am »

Quote from: mikev1

Mike

Years ago while using PS7 I used to have a problem with partial prints coming out on my 7600. I solved the problem by allocating less memory to Photoshop. This seemed counter intuitive but it worked. - Paul

Doombrain

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:42 am »

Are you printing over USB or network? if network, try this program

http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In...Y_CODE=NETUTILS

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:28:30 am »

I have the same problem with my 3800.  I think it is a RAM problem (as in not having enough).  A restart of my computer has always fixed the problem.  That's why you should always do a Print Preview.  It has saved me loads of paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up