Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LL's activity on Twitter (suggestion)  (Read 5885 times)

Guigui

• http://
LL's activity on Twitter (suggestion)
« on: November 20, 2009, 06:42:53 am »

Hello,

I found out LL had a twitter account (here), but had not been updated since August, so here's a suggestion :

I'd be glad to see Michael use twitter to post links to news articles from LL or other interesting sites (related to photography & fine art printing, for instance), and any other info worth sharing ! There are already 140 followers eager to hear from you Michael
Thanks

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:36:54 am »

Michael is following only 1 person so this would be a one-way tweet.   Unless he embraces the technology I don't see how Twitter would be more beneficial than this web site.  

Having said that, I just followed him.  

Respectfully,

JazzCollector on Twitter
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

michael

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:19 am »

I thought I'd give it a try, but like Facebook and other social networking sites I find it to be more of a time waster than a productive tool.

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:28:07 am »

Quote from: michael
I thought I'd give it a try, but like Facebook and other social networking sites I find it to be more of a time waster than a productive tool.

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

Amen!

Brad Proctor

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:40:39 am »

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

My company does a lot of web design/development work and we have experimented this past year with Facebook and Twitter.  Our findings at least are that while Facebook can be somewhat useful for some business models, Twitter is almost never productive.  Neither is anywhere near as useful for driving traffic as the hype would have you believe.
Brad Proctor

Guigui

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

Quote from: bproctor
My company does a lot of web design/development work and we have experimented this past year with Facebook and Twitter.  Our findings at least are that while Facebook can be somewhat useful for some business models, Twitter is almost never productive.  Neither is anywhere near as useful for driving traffic as the hype would have you believe.
I don't know about Twitter's real interest for companies, but for personal use, I find it a practical way of organizing everyday news into one place (much like an RSS/Atom reader, but with the ability to quickly share what you discover).

diuser

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 10:31:46 am »

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

How does one show extreme appreciation and endorsement in Western Culture without being a fanboy?
I almost forgot after living in Asia for a couple of decades.

tokengirl

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 10:42:52 am »

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

Amen to that.

Brad Proctor

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 10:54:42 am »

Quote from: Guigui
I don't know about Twitter's real interest for companies, but for personal use, I find it a practical way of organizing everyday news into one place (much like an RSS/Atom reader, but with the ability to quickly share what you discover).

Agreed. and I didn't want to come off as Twitter is useless or a waste of time.  Just that from a business standpoint, the return on investment is usually pretty poor.  However, it's possible to make Twitter updates automatic so that every time Michael posts something it updates Twitter with no extra effort on Michaels part whatsoever.  How easy this would be to add to the site I don't know.
Brad Proctor

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »

I'll likely not be back.

Michael

What, you're saying hourly updates of what you are eating, reading and listening to at any give moment are time wasters?  

Don't sell yourself short; the world needs to know!

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 04:49:22 pm »

Quote from: feppe
What, you're saying hourly updates of what you are eating, reading and listening to at any give moment are time wasters?  

Don't sell yourself short; the world needs to know!

Hombre, locos y tontos - todos!

I would have thought that going by the relatively little time the Man has to spare, wasting it on anything other than LuLa would be more than counter-productive.

Who gives a hoot what the other guy is doing? Doesn't anybody have a life of his or her own anymore?

Rob C

michael

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 05:06:49 pm »

I had dim sum for lunch today. Does anyone care?  

Michael

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 05:14:07 pm »

I had dim sum for lunch today. Does anyone care?  

Any pics of what you ate.  Preferably with the P65+   :>))

BTW,  I'm having sardines with a moccachino.  don't recommend

+1  for a Twitter free space

Mark
www.marktomalty.com

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 05:29:36 pm »

Hi Everyone!

I think I posted twice on LuLa tonight!

Rob C

Guigui

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 05:55:04 pm »

I'm sure those who carefully read my posts realize I actually never asked Michael to tell us what he eats or drinks.

I just see it as a simple way of staying up-to-date with LuLa news & articles, as opposed to manually checking the website to see if there's anything new.

As a sidenote, it's interesting to see that most people still see Twitter as a tool for micro-blogging every minute of your life. Yes, that was the original idea, but now I think most users see it as a mean of sharing information, not so much socialization. Facebook is already doing that job.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks Michael for answering btw.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:57:24 pm by Guigui »

Rob C

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 06:10:11 am »

I just see it as a simple way of staying up-to-date with LuLa news & articles, as opposed to manually checking the website to see if there's anything new.

Hey Soos Guigui, how lazy can anyone get?

There is a constant updating of posts here - to restate them all on another site seems totally perverse to me and would amount to nothing more than a doubling of the game.

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 06:38:36 am »

A successful site and forum requires feedback/participation/input from its members.  If more people relied on Twitter "to see if there was anything new", there would be less visits to this site and eventually less of "anything new".

I haven't been here long at all, but from what I can see, a great deal of time and effort goes into maintaining this site and a lot of very useful information is shared here.  I think that taking the time to "manually check the website" is the very least we can do.

Just my $0.02.  (which may or may not be worth all that much)

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:17 am »

I see no point of most people being involved in Twitter.
It does serve a purpose though, beyond the trivia of the insignificant, or the insignificance of trivia.
It has enabled oppressed people in several countries , including Burma and Iran to get important information out to the outside world. Sometimes a few words is all you the luxury you have.
Best
Brian

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 05:34:09 pm »

I was pretty sceptical. Part of Twitter's problem is that it is called "twitter". Had they called it "Concise", it might have been less easy to deride, and would reflect some of its character as a concise way of announcing activities or news.

Going back to Michael's dim sum comment, there's not much we can do about that twitter now, is there? Too late. But on a few occasions I've read Twitters by people passing through London or heading where I planned to be. I've wondered why they thought anyone might be interested in something so trivial, but took the opportunity and have ended up having dim sum or a pint. Like a lot of these new fangled interwebby things, it's how you use the tool that makes the difference.

daws

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 06:54:55 pm »

And therein, gentlemen and ladies, is both a cause and effect of the pandemic of consumerism. (No disrespect meant to Guigui.   )
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up