Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 Spectroproofer and profilemaker  (Read 3691 times)

OlivierAdam

Epson 7900 Spectroproofer and profilemaker
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »

Hi,

I would like to know if someone tried to build a RGB profile from .txt file generated from the spectroproofer of a Epson 7900 with Profilemaker?

i used V2.0 of spectroproofer utilities

I tried but no way, i think that profilemaker is not able to "recognise" the reference .txt file of the chart...

this is the file from spectroproofer utilities with hahnemulhe FA barite

By the way is it possible to use the linearisation file built by spectroproofer utilities with something else that e EFI Rip...?

thanks...

PS: i made a nice profile with this printer and profilemaker with the "classical method" but i'm trying to use the spectroproofer.

Olivier

Doombrain

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »

humm, works OK for me.

are you trying to use a custom page size? if so just try using A3 in page setup on the Epson tool.

OlivierAdam

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:57:58 pm »

Quote from: Doombrain
humm, works OK for me.

are you trying to use a custom page size? if so just try using A3 in page setup on the Epson tool.

Yes i'm working with a custom page size with a 24" roll, i will try with A3 page size...
thanks.

Sven W

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:25:36 pm »

Quote from: OlivierAdam
Hi,

I would like to know if someone tried to build a RGB profile from .txt file generated from the spectroproofer of a Epson 7900 with Profilemaker?

i used V2.0 of spectroproofer utilities

I tried but no way, i think that profilemaker is not able to "recognise" the reference .txt file of the chart...

this is the file from spectroproofer utilities with hahnemulhe FA barite

By the way is it possible to use the linearisation file built by spectroproofer utilities with something else that e EFI Rip...?

thanks...

PS: i made a nice profile with this printer and profilemaker with the "classical method" but i'm trying to use the spectroproofer.

Olivier
It works ok for me to, but it took almost 1 1/2 h with linear + printing + measuring !
My 9900 allow only rolls for profiling.
I put a copy of an Atkinson-chart in the SpectroProofer Utilities folder "Reference Files" and then in SP select it under "Select Chart" in Basic Settings. Name and save the file in the last window Color Meas. Settings, Execute and do the 90 min Epson-way (lunch-brake).
In PM the look of the txt.chart is a bit strange, but shifts when loading the Ref.file.

BTW; The linearisationfile is stored somewhere on the computer where the action was done.
Stockholm, Sweden

OlivierAdam

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:50:22 pm »

Quote from: Sven W
It works ok for me to, but it took almost 1 1/2 h with linear + printing + measuring !
My 9900 allow only rolls for profiling.
I put a copy of an Atkinson-chart in the SpectroProofer Utilities folder "Reference Files" and then in SP select it under "Select Chart" in Basic Settings. Name and save the file in the last window Color Meas. Settings, Execute and do the 90 min Epson-way (lunch-brake).
In PM the look of the txt.chart is a bit strange, but shifts when loading the Ref.file.

BTW; The linearisationfile is stored somewhere on the computer where the action was done.
Well, thanks a lot Swen, i will try. it's interesting to use an Atkinson chart, i will try to use the 1728 patch chart in Epson tool...

Doombrain

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 12:15:20 pm »

any joy?
Pages: [1]   Go Up