Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jenoptic M22 precision driver wanted  (Read 17917 times)

ixpressraf

Jenoptic M22 precision driver wanted
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:19:26 pm »

Hi all,
I have a Jenoptic Eyelike M22 but can't find the driver to connect the back to the mac. Help needed.
Thanks in advance.

ixpressraf

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:29:32 pm »

I found a driver eyelike  capture pro 4,3,xxx but it asks me to insert the camera files CD wich is obviously missing when buing a secnd hand back. What to do now. ThierryH, maybe you can help.......

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:38:02 pm »

You need the CCD files that were on the original disk that came with the back. That disk should be part of any second hand sale as the back is useless without it. Can you contact the seller and get hold of it?

Otherwise MAYBE Jenoptik or Sinar has a library somewhere with all their old back's CCD files on it, or the back could be sent to them to have ones created, but either way I imagine they would charge you to do that.

Ben

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu

Imaginara

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 03:51:20 pm »

bdp is right. You need the calibration CD that should have been with the sale. The actual capture program (which Thomas linked to) will still require it.

Contact the original seller and if they dont have it (which is odd since its useless without them) try contacting Sinar as Bdp suggested.

ThierryH

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:38 pm »

I am not sure where from you bought this back. If from the Sinar dealer then he should have provided you these files, which are absolutely necessary. Other than that, you can contact Sinar directly: there effectively exists a library where all the ref files of the different back sold are stored, at Jenoptik (since it is a Jenoptik back). Sinar will certainly be able to get these files for you, but it is not a free service and costs about CHF 150,- to 200,-.

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:07:23 pm by ThierryH »

ixpressraf

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 04:36:19 pm »

Thanks for the information. back comes from colleague who passed away a few months ago. His family can not locate the disk's anymore.

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:57 pm »

Hi Raf,

A couple of years ago it cost me US$100 to get the CCD reference files (as a download) for an Eyelike M11.

Cheers,
Kumar

ixpressraf

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:34 am »

I eventually got hands to the original software CD with corrosponding CCD DATA file.... however: after installing the software i get a message of fire wire time out and i also can't select the H1 camera in the software. I then installed the newer version, 4.4xx but then even nothing happens. I am familiar with working with all phase and hassi/imacon back's, even the older leaf (upto the valeo) and older 6Mp sinar back's but this one really puzzles me. Why doesn't it work like just every other back i used. Please help wanted.
Greetz.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 10:49:24 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
I eventually got hands to the original software CD with corrosponding CCD DATA file.... however: after installing the software i get a message of fire wire time out and i also can't select the H1 camera in the software. I then installed the newer version, 4.4xx but then even nothing happens. I am familiar with working with all phase and hassi/imacon back's, even the older leaf (upto the valeo) and older 6Mp sinar back's but this one really puzzles me. Why doesn't it work like just every other back i used. Please help wanted.
Greetz.

iXpressraf:

Version 4.4xx was specifically for eMotion backs, not the Precision series, which is what you have. You would need to use Capture Pro 4.3.5.3. But since the release date of Capture Pro 4.3.5.3 was October 2005, it is likely that it will not work well or possibly not at all on Intel systems, Leopard or later OS. What Mac and OS are you using?

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Imaginara

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 12:23:18 pm »

Capture Pro 4.3.5.3 works fine on an intel macbook white with pre-snow leopard OSX at least. Have not installed Snow leopard so cant test that.

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 12:35:58 pm »

Quote from: Imaginara
Capture Pro 4.3.5.3 works fine on an intel macbook white with pre-snow leopard OSX at least. Have not installed Snow leopard so cant test that.

That's good to know, although I would caution that since 4.3.5.3 was not written for Intel or Leopard platforms, it may work fine on one computer, perhaps not on another.

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 12:59:47 pm »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix
That's good to know, although I would caution that since 4.3.5.3 was not written for Intel or Leopard platforms, it may work fine on one computer, perhaps not on another.

Steve Hendrix

I did just check in with one of my old Eyelike customers and he indicated no problems running on Intel either (Mac OS 10.5.8).

But in any case, iXpressraf, Capture Pro 4.4xxx is not for your back, you need 4.3.5.3.

Steve Hendrix

ixpressraf

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »

OK. have installed 4.3.5.3 on a macbook G4 and now i get "the file eyelike precision can not openedbecause you don't have the acces permission -5000
End of story?????
Then he asks me again to isert my name and phone number but after hitting the ok key: an error occured while reading the ccd file. the application could not work with the camera without the data in the file. But in the library under application support i have the eyelike precission m22 ccd and reference files.
????
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:19:06 pm by ixpressraf »

Steve Hendrix

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 01:17:18 pm »

OK. have installed 4.3.5.3 on a macbook G4 and now i get "the file eyelike precision can not openedbecause you don't have the acces permission -5000
End of story?????

PM'd.

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:24 pm »

This is a permissions issue and can be fixed quite simply. I had this when I used a Precision back and installed it on a new Mac, but I can't remember how I fixed it. Check your permissions by using command-I when Eyelike Capture Pro is highlighted in your applications folder. Something needs to be ticked or unticked or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:10:26 pm by bdp »

ixpressraf

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 04:24:20 pm »

Was one of the first things i tried but: nope.......
I wonder if all sinar eyelike back's are that difficult to install....

ThierryH

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:30 pm »

I am not sure, but may be try to "Repair Permissions".

I never had any problem to install and to get it working.

Best regards,
Thierry

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:54 pm »

-5000 error is normally relates to DVD reader operation. Perhaps the software is looking for the CCD files on a disc?

If you have them, try burning them on a disc and running the software, maybe it will then find them and put put them wherever they need to be and create the right path for suing them with the back?

Just guessing but worth a try maybe.

yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ThierryH

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 04:41:33 pm »

Quote from: yaya
-5000 error is normally relates to DVD reader operation. Perhaps the software is looking for the CCD files on a disc?

If you have them, try burning them on a disc and running the software, maybe it will then find them and put put them wherever they need to be and create the right path for suing them with the back?

Just guessing but worth a try maybe.

yair

That could be the reason.

Since you have the files on the original CD try to simply copy them where they should be on your HD: Library ---> Application Support ---> Eyelike (here there should be a folder for the ref files, but I can't remember the name, drop them in).

Best regards,
Thierry
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up