Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need program for printing photo packages on Canon6100  (Read 2945 times)

TomorrowHill

Need program for printing photo packages on Canon6100
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. My wife and I are planning to start a portrait studio and have purchased a Canon ipf6100 so we can do all of our printing in-house. Since the printer uses 24" wide rolls, I was wondering if there are any programs designed specifically for creating photo packages, and can arrange the pictures in such a way as to maximize the amount of paper used on a roll.

For example, let's say we need two 8x10's, six 5x7's, and ten 4x6's. Will any software allow us to choose different pictures for each size, and also arrange them in a space-conserving pattern?

I've tried the plugin for Photoshop CS4 but, aside from being a little unwieldy, I can't seem to stop the pictures from either a ) overlapping or b ) leaving entirely too much space between prints. I figure there has to be an easier way to run off a photo package or two, so can anyone out there give me the scoop? Any information you could provide would be unbelievably appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance!

-Chris-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:18:45 pm by TomorrowHill »

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:25 pm »

Do a google search for QImage.

keithrsmith

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:03:05 am »

Take a look at Lightroom.  Both the current version and the V3 Beta

keith

LoisWakeman

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:12:54 am »

I second Qimage - the UI is rather quirky, but once you get used to it, it is very flexible and ideal for doing the sort of thing you mention. Support is excellent too.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 04:37:19 pm »

As stated try Qimage or Lightroom.  I've had better luck with the way lightroom resizes images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up