Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessories for Manfrotto 785b  (Read 3792 times)

Roger Calixto

Accessories for Manfrotto 785b
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:54:02 am »

Hi all,

I've been using my Manfrotto 785b tripod now for a couple of years and am quite happy. Ever since I've bought the thing I always wondered why the bottom of the column has a cap over a the threaded centre. I assumed it was because I could buy accessories to screw in there, but I couldn't find anything on their site (which is not very browse friendly). I also know that the top 1/3 of the column can be unscrewed, effective allowing me to change the head, but I can't find anything on their site (or photo catalog) that would be a replacement. I was thinking of upgrading to a ball head but I don't see how...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

{}
KT
--------------
If my day job wasn't so cool, I'd quit and be a photographer =)

schrodingerscat

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »

Quote from: kingtutt
Hi all,

I've been using my Manfrotto 785b tripod now for a couple of years and am quite happy. Ever since I've bought the thing I always wondered why the bottom of the column has a cap over a the threaded centre. I assumed it was because I could buy accessories to screw in there, but I couldn't find anything on their site (which is not very browse friendly). I also know that the top 1/3 of the column can be unscrewed, effective allowing me to change the head, but I can't find anything on their site (or photo catalog) that would be a replacement. I was thinking of upgrading to a ball head but I don't see how...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

{}
KT

Not that sure about this particular tripod, but usually the stud at the bottom of the column was so you could mount the head there for low level work. Necessary if the legs don't kick out far enough, or the center column doesn't reverse, to get the camera close to the ground. Can also be used to stack center column sections.

Most tripods allow for the head to be removed, usually by unscrewing it from the column(check for set screw). However, some units sold with the head already attached don't.

Roger Calixto

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:38:42 am »

Extensions would make sense, I hadn't thought of that. I was hoping to see a screwable hook in their catalog so that I could hanga weight bag fr stability but I didn't see one.

Thanks for the reply =)

{}
KT
--------------

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:13 am »

Quote from: kingtutt
Extensions would make sense, I hadn't thought of that. I was hoping to see a screwable hook in their catalog so that I could hanga weight bag fr stability but I didn't see one.

Thanks for the reply =)

{}
KT
Easy to make one for small change.
David
[attachment=18031:IMG_0814.jpg]

Roger Calixto

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »

that's actually a great DIY idea, it hadn't occurred to me!

Thanks!
--------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up