Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first try  (Read 2686 times)

MikeStewart

My first try
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:36:52 pm »

I am new to photography and would like your input on these.

Mike
[attachment=17932:image73.jpg]

[attachment=17931:image28_1.jpg]

Brad Proctor

My first try
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »

I don't much care for the second one but I think the first one has a lot of potential and is definitely a good start.

This image looks basically untouched from the camera.  A few things you can do to improve it are straighten the horizon (look at the water line in the background), brighten the image up, crop out the edge of the building on the left and give it a bit of a saturation boost.

Here is a quick example...

[attachment=17933:image73_modified.jpg]
Brad Proctor

Photo Op

My first try
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:10:31 pm »

Mike- I like your choice of scene for the 1st shot.  [attachment=17936:DMB_20050810_037.jpg]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:14:55 pm by Photo Op »
David

MikeStewart

My first try
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »

Wow, I did not retouch it at all.  Thanks, the  retouch looks great.  I will have to play with it more.  I took about 500 shots on the trip to New England.  I need to go through them all and play with the touch up stuff.  

Mikey

Photo Op

My first try
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:04:09 pm »

Quote from: MikeStewart
Wow, I did not retouch it at all.  Thanks, the  retouch looks great.  I will have to play with it more.  I took about 500 shots on the trip to New England.  I need to go through them all and play with the touch up stuff.  

Mikey
Mikey-sorry for the confusion. The image in my reply was mine (hence the figurine   ), taken not so obviously from nearly the same spot as yours.

Dave
David

MikeStewart

My first try
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:17:46 pm »

I figured that.  Thanks.  We saw about 15 Light houses but that was the best by far.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
My first try
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:28:22 am »

Quote from: bproctor
I don't much care for the second one but I think the first one has a lot of potential and is definitely a good start.

This image looks basically untouched from the camera.  A few things you can do to improve it are straighten the horizon (look at the water line in the background), brighten the image up, crop out the edge of the building on the left and give it a bit of a saturation boost.

Here is a quick example...

[attachment=17933:image73_modified.jpg]

Brad makes a good point.  These two images have some baseline potential, but they both need work.  Since he did such a good job with the first one I thought I'd knock the second around for a few seconds...  I should have removed the branches from the lower lef, but anyway.

[attachment=17943:image28_1.jpg]

Photoshop can be a big leap if you've no experience with it, but Lightroom is pretty easy and there are enough tutorials available online to keep you going for a long time.  Start with Michael's store!

Mike.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:30:33 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up