...So 2 photographers, same shoot, both with extremely expensive cameras, apparently no assistants, no clients ... but the dealer was there?
I've been in this business a long time and this doesn't sound like a job to me.
Oh wait, it was a workshop
I started this thread to inform those interested in the S2 that there was a new review available. Instead of generating a discussion on the S2, the thread quickly degenerated into an attack on the reviewer. That is sad. It is fine to point out that David is a Leica dealer and that he is enthusiastic about the S2. But, why is it necessary to go beyond facts and add inflammatory assumptions and commentary.
1. Were you on the shoot David described?
2. How do you know there weren't any assistants on the shoot?
3. Is it so hard to believe that a person that sells cameras may also be a photographer?
4. AFAIK David is not a dealer for Leaf, Imacon, or Hasselblad. So what is with the "dealer was there" comment and why would it matter anyway?
5. What makes you think it was a workshop and even if it was what difference would it make in the point of the story?
I remember now why I don't post on forums very often. Some people behave very differently than they would in a face-to-face discussion and those few make the forum experience unnecessarily unpleasant.