Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200/HP pro matt canvas color management voodoo help for noob  (Read 2117 times)

macguiver

• http://www.paulperreault.ca
Z3200/HP pro matt canvas color management voodoo help for noob
« on: November 07, 2009, 11:57:47 pm »

Hi everyone

I was wondering if someone could give me some tips for getting good results with my HP pro matt canvas and Photoshop.  
I've been burning through my 8.5 X 11 sheets of it like no tomorrow and I haven't been able to nail down a matching print to my display.

I've calibrated my display with my HP APS.
I've calibrated my canvas on the printer.

My first 4 or 5 prints were printed with perceptual color set on the printer and the colors were out of wack.
I discovered that Relative color gave me a more accurate color match but my shadow areas disappeared into blackness.
I then tried letting PS handle color management and my black areas came back but the whole image looked flat.

I figured after 8 different attempts to get the image printing proper I should consult the folks that are already getting the proper results with the media to see what I'm doing wrong.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Paul

tonywong

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:23:50 am »

Probably the best way to get started:

From Camera to Print

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:30 am »

Make sure the driver settings do not return to the default before the actual printiong happens. The Z drivers tend to do so. Best way is to create a printing shortcut in the driver that has Application Color management on + color printing. Select that shortcut and select the right media preset, that way it usually sticks better than changing the CM settings per job.

Use Relative color metric + BPC or Perceptual rendering in Photoshop.

Calibrate the monitor on 120 candles or as low as 100 candles depending on what your monitor can handle and the studio light + print viewing light conditions.
Use a viewing light near 5000 K.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up