Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to restore the reference file on Sinar emotion back?  (Read 3318 times)

dergiman

• http://www.philippderganz.com
How to restore the reference file on Sinar emotion back?
« on: November 07, 2009, 03:31:53 am »

hi,

i hope somebody can help me. i just got into possession of a Sinar e54LV. somehow the reference file on the back is missing.  already have the reference file but how can i restore it?

thanks in advance,

felipe
Philipp Derganz Photography
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:06:32 am »

Just to be clear, which reference file are you referring to? There are black and white reference files which are created while shooting, and also something Sinar calls a CCD Reference file which comes with the back on a CD.

When you say you already have the reference file, where is it exactly?

evgeny

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:23 am »

del
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:35:14 am by evgeny »

dergiman

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:51 am »

hi graham, i am talking about the ccd reference file on the cd that can/should also be stored somewhere in the back.
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:30:44 am »

Quote from: dergiman
hi graham, i am talking about the ccd reference file on the cd that can/should also be stored somewhere in the back.

exposure reads this files out of the back and stores it under:
hdisc/ library application support/ sinar exposure / back type / back number / xxxxxx

the .ref and the .dat files are what is on the cd.

similar does capture shop.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 04:42:27 am »

Philipp, looks like Rainer answered that for you. By the way, after our chat yesterday I updated my firmware to 5.10

ThierryH

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 04:47:05 am »

Here these Reference files should be:

Best regards,
Thierry

dergiman

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 05:08:12 am »

thank you very much!i found the files in that place. but i guess i didn´t explain my problem properly. i guess that i formated the internal memory by accident  (can´t remember exaxtly). but under special actions in the menu there is only the option <format CF> available, maybe i already got it like this. i read in an older thread in this forum, that the reference file is lost when the internal memory is formatted and that the reference file needs to be restored.
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria

ThierryH

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 05:12:20 am »

Quote from: dergiman
thank you very much!i found the files in that place. but i guess i didn´t explain my problem properly. i guess that i formated the internal memory by accident  (can´t remember exaxtly). but under special actions in the menu there is only the option <format CF> available, maybe i already got it like this. i read in an older thread in this forum, that the reference file is lost when the internal memory is formatted and that the reference file needs to be restored.

Dear felipe,

yes, when formating the internal memory the reference files stored in the back are deleted. But as long as you have them in the place showed by the screenshot, that does not matter.
All you have to take care is to NEVER forget to take these files with you (original CD or copy) when you go to another computer/location, since you will be prompted to save them there if these files are not yet in this folder.

Nothing to worry about and no absolute need to "restore" them in the back itself.

Best regards,
Thierry

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 05:52:33 am »

Felipe, I'm not sure if the eMotion "absolutely" needs the reference files stored in the back, but this is what I had to do when restoring the files for an Eyelike M11.

What I was asked to do is to insert the CD into the computer, and connect the back for tethering. After the back was recognized, it asked for the location of the reference files. I pointed it to the CD, and it installed without a hitch. This was for CapturePro software, but I'm guessing the procedure would be the same for CaptureShop or eXposure as well.

I never used the back on another computer, so YMMV. And of course, Thierry knows Sinar best.

Cheers,
Kumar

ThierryH

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 03:44:16 pm »

Quote from: Kumar
Felipe, I'm not sure if the eMotion "absolutely" needs the reference files stored in the back, but this is what I had to do when restoring the files for an Eyelike M11.

What I was asked to do is to insert the CD into the computer, and connect the back for tethering. After the back was recognized, it asked for the location of the reference files. I pointed it to the CD, and it installed without a hitch. This was for CapturePro software, but I'm guessing the procedure would be the same for CaptureShop or eXposure as well.

I never used the back on another computer, so YMMV. And of course, Thierry knows Sinar best.

Cheers,
Kumar

That's the same: either the application (eXposure or CapturePro) will prompt you to install the ref. files, IF the ref. files ARE NOT in the folder I have indicated in post 7. In this case one can either point to the CD with the ref. files on it, or then one can also simply copy these files from the CD to the folder(drag & drop).

But as soon as the ref. files are in their folder (see above post 7 for exact location) the application does never ask for the ref. files.

This being said, the "problem" Felipe had is that he has deleted the ref. files which are stored in the back, by formating. It is only important when one changes the computer since then these files can be installed by the application automatically from the internal memory from the back. If their are missing one is prompted to load them in the corresponding folder and one has to follow one of the procedures above.

Best regards,
Thierry

dergiman

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 06:20:06 am »

thank you, thierry! you are always a great help! i
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria
Pages: [1]   Go Up