Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Woman With Attitude  (Read 3666 times)

alangubbay

A Woman With Attitude
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:39:34 am »

Katie
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:39:46 am by alangubbay »

cmi

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 04:58:11 pm »

Quote from: alangubbay
Katie

Hey, maybe thats not pro level but I like the light and how she is looking! I see too many people photographs around other forums with artificial, staged smiles. But not this image. It seems she is sceptical, hesistating, unsure about the situation. A honest expression, and I like that.

alangubbay

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:21:39 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Hey, maybe thats not pro level but I like the light and how she is looking! I see too many people photographs around other forums with artificial, staged smiles. But not this image. It seems she is sceptical, hesistating, unsure about the situation. A honest expression, and I like that.

Glad you like it, especially as you have seen a lot but disappointed that you do not think it is up to a high standard.  What do you feel is letting it down?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:23:38 am by alangubbay »

cmi

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:53:26 pm »

Glad you like it, especially as you have seen a lot but disappointed that you do not think it is up to a high standard.  What do you feel is letting it down?

Honestly, I cant tell you specific things to do better, your image made me just think of other fashion images wich are more sophisticated, thats all. That was meant as a compliment for your image, not deprecative or to express my disappointment. All I can say I like it already as it is.

Best regards,

Christian

DavidHoptman

• http://www.davidhoptman.com
A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:00 am »

Katie
Nice shot. you asked what could you have done to make that particular shot better. I think your camera angle could come up a tad and the light on the key side could be a bit softer, your gradation on the background could also be a bit brighter.. maybe reversed coming from the top to the bottom. I also would like to see a bit more interesting body language in the shoulder neck etc. you could try and get your model a bit more animated. All the little things in the end make a big difference. you are on the right track.. keep up the gooood work. DAVID HOPTMAN...
David Hoptman
email dhstudio@mac.com
TUSCAN LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKSHOPS
http://www.davidhoptman.com

alangubbay

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 03:02:49 pm »

Quote from: DavidHoptman
Nice shot. you asked what could you have done to make that particular shot better. I think your camera angle could come up a tad and the light on the key side could be a bit softer, your gradation on the background could also be a bit brighter.. maybe reversed coming from the top to the bottom. I also would like to see a bit more interesting body language in the shoulder neck etc. you could try and get your model a bit more animated. All the little things in the end make a big difference. you are on the right track.. keep up the gooood work. DAVID HOPTMAN...

Thank you David for your detailed and helpful comments.  A honeycombe grid was used on the main light to concentrate the beam but clearly too harsh for your taste.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 03:23:03 am »

Thank you David for your detailed and helpful comments.  A honeycombe grid was used on the main light to concentrate the beam but clearly too harsh for your taste.
I also think the light is rather harsh. In particular, it gives her upper lip a rather odd, and not very pleasant, appearance.

Jeremy

popnfresh

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:21:10 pm »

I find this shot to be unappealing on several counts. The lighting is much too hard and it makes her makeup too shiny. Her eyes are too dark and there's no catch light in her left eye. The earring is the most interesting thing in this picture. But mostly I find her expression particularly unflattering. This is not someone I would have the slightest desire to be in the same room with. Not very glamorous for a glamor portrait.

tokengirl

A Woman With Attitude
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:45:52 pm »

No doubt she is a beautiful woman.  Two things could really improve the photo:  1.  Use much softer light, and  2.  Get her to wear less make-up (the lipstick drawn outside of her natural lip line is just weird).
Pages: [1]   Go Up