Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 5.0 Color Editor  (Read 1060 times)

tho_mas

Capture One 5.0 Color Editor
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:21:54 pm »

Anyone here using the Color Editor in C1 to increase saturation of camera profiles to access certain printable colors?

I have a serious issue with the newly introduced "smart saturation" in the Color Editor.

In V4 (and V3) when you increase the global saturation in the Color Editor the entire profile extends symmetrically - which is logical.
So the profile keeps the relation of the colors to each other… at least roughly.
In V5 with smart saturation the profile entirely assumes a different shape.
Now this is a serious issue if you want to "blow up" the profile and at the same time reduce the regular "saturation" (the whole process intentionally targeted to further print related editing in Photoshop).

See the attachment:
[attachment=17696:ColEd_V4vsV5.jpg]
The inner colored profile is the regular P45 Outdoor Daylight.
The outer colored profile is P45 Outdoor Daylight with global saturation increased by +30 in the Color Editor of V4.
The inner white profile is P45 Outdoor Daylight with global saturation increased by +30 in the Color Editor of V5.

I think this will be also an issue when you are creating your own profiles. I can't imagine that "smart saturation" is helpful at all for these purposes.

I can imagine that not many care about this. But if so, please contact the Phase One support with a feature request - they should either return to the conventional saturation mode of V3/V4 or should add a slider with conventional saturation.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:23:16 pm by tho_mas »
Pages: [1]   Go Up