Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just tried C1 with 20D  (Read 5784 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Just tried C1 with 20D
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 09:54:11 am »

I'm extremely happy with ACR. I usually come back from shooting weddings with ~500 pics and then cut those down to a proof set of 200 images.
The CS browser with it's ability for multiple setups, batch renaming and batch RAW conversion, and most of all the ability once I've got the colour/exposure right, to batch process 10 steps from RAW file to finished 7X5" 300dpi jpg ready for printing, all with one click, is invaluable!

Dinarius

Just tried C1 with 20D
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 02:04:16 am »

C1 LE is described in the blurb as a converter "for the low volume user".

Since that is exactly what I am, I would be tempted by it....IF the conversion algorithm is identical to the full PRO version.

Is it?

Many thanks.

D.

thierrylegros396

Just tried C1 with 20D
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 08:16:48 am »

Deception for me with C1LE-3.6 / ACR 3.2 !

ACR Version

C1 Version

These are cropped images, but see color of the eye !
And C1 noise reduction set to the minimum.

61Dynamic

• http://
Just tried C1 with 20D
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2005, 10:39:44 am »

The reason they refer to "low volume" is because of the batch queue limit. However even many high volume users never exceed the limit depending on work habits of course.
Then agian, I too am a low-volume user (20-150 developed images depending on job) but I regularly need more than the 20 batch limit.

It seems like a wide gap between LE and PRO, which is more than 300 bucks more.

Exactly.

My clients just can't justify spending $500 on a RAW converter and there really is no way I can honestly say it's worth it considering the functionality and price of their competition's products. If they dropped the price of both products to about $100 for LE and $200 Pro then I'd certainly recomend them to my clients. But then there is the issue of delayed updates, but I degress I'm repeating myself now...

djgarcia

• http://improbablystructuredlayers.net
Just tried C1 with 20D
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 10:19:03 pm »

After using ACR for a while I tried C-1 3.6 but don't like the tabbed environment for various aspects, because I keep going back and forth sometimes. In ACR every basic adjustment is in the main tab. Also, ACR keeps data on the settings used for an image, so if you revisit you know what you did and start from there. You can also apply the previous image's settings as well as save them as files and recall them. I couldn't find any such features in C-1, and they are truly valuable features. If they do exist, can someone let us know? TIA.

DJ
Over-Equipped Snapshooter - EOS 1dsII &
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up